Closed loop system using Freestyle libre/MiaoMiao and Andriod

JigP

Hi Guys,

I am currently have a CGM using Freestyle Libre with MiaoMiao and using Drip+ software. I am an android user.

I want continue using the above but now add my own closed loop APS. The consultant has offered the following pumps:

Medtronic 370G
Omnipod
Tandem T Slim
Dana RS

I know there is probably not a clear winner and it might be down to personal preference, but it would be good to take out the once that wouldnt work with my requirements and ones that are just bad, or even if there are clear winners I would like to hear about these?

Thank you all in advance.

Jig

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I have absolutely no clue but I think @LooperCat has used this until recently, when she switched to Dexcom.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, Medtronic 670G have their own CGM to work with their pump, which is a closed loop system. I think Tandem does something similar with Dexcom G6. Omnipod from what I know, some people are doing a DIY system with it.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Thanks for the tag! I’m using an Apple based system, so can’t comment on Android, I’m afraid. However, if you join the “Looped” group on Facebook, there are people there using an android APS system who may be able to help. @tim2000s may be able to advise?

Cltchris

Hi I use Medtronic 670 pump with Libre and miaumiau2, and have done so for the past 3 weeks, so early days yet. I have an android phone and use the Tomato app alongside Miaumuau2. Have to admit was very sceptical about the combo initially, having read the reviews, but have to say it works really well. I especially love that it will send an alarm or vibrate when I go below 3.9, useful at night.

JigP

Thanks for letting us know. Was the Medtronic cgm that comes with the 670 not offered? If it was why didnt you use it?

Thanks
Hi I use Medtronic 670 pump with Libre and miaumiau2, and have done so for the past 3 weeks, so early days yet. I have an android phone and use the Tomato app alongside Miaumuau2. Have to admit was very sceptical about the combo initially, having read the reviews, but have to say it works really well. I especially love that it will send an alarm or vibrate when I go below 3.9, useful at night.