I'm trying to organise meetings in Reading

Defiantfitzy

I was diagnosed as T1 recently and I am trying to organise a social event in Reading. I have started a facebook page, which people are more than welcome to visit - Diabetes with depression.

With this page, I am trying to build a local online/offline community. Where people can meet new people and get together to do activities such as cooking classes, etc. If you are interested please visit or share my page to anyone you think may benefit from it.
campaign_image.jpeg

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
I was diagnosed as T1 recently and I am trying to organise a social event in Reading. I have started a facebook page, which people are more than welcome to visit - Diabetes with depression.

With this page, I am trying to build a local online/offline community. Where people can meet new people and get together to do activities such as cooking classes, etc. If you are interested please visit or share my page to anyone you think may benefit from it.View attachment 37027

Diabetes.org already has an active support group in Reading that you could get involved with. Check this page......
https://readinganddistrict.diabetesukgroup.org/

caius2x8

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

With this page, I am trying to build a local online/offline community. Where people can meet new people and get together to do activities such as cooking classes, etc. If you are interested please visit or share my page to anyone you think may benefit from it.View attachment 37027
Diabetes.org already has an active support group in Reading that you could get involved with. Check this page......
https://readinganddistrict.diabetesukgroup.org/

That sounds like a nice idea.
Have you asked to place a paper flyer with a title and fb page and picture in your hospital diabetes clinic? Might get a few more going. Maybe a link on the motorbike fella's kindly suggested page too.

I live nearish if you need a cake eater ;-). As Zippy would say
" i'm very good at eating cake"