CGM question..

Alex_B

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m getting my CGM fitted next Thursday, which I am really excited for, but it’s only for 3 months to find out what’s going on at night as I seem to go extremely low in the middle of the night and no one knows why.

After the 3 months if I’ve gotten on well with it and have better control over my diabetes and the lows finally stopped, do I get to keep it? As unfortunately I can not afford to self fund it and I really do think this is a what I need to get myself back in control.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I’m getting my CGM fitted next Thursday, which I am really excited for, but it’s only for 3 months to find out what’s going on at night as I seem to go extremely low in the middle of the night and no one knows why.

After the 3 months if I’ve gotten on well with it and have better control over my diabetes and the lows finally stopped, do I get to keep it? As unfortunately I can not afford to self fund it and I really do think this is a what I need to get myself back in control.

What CGM are you getting?

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Freestyle Libre

Hello Freestyle libre is not a CGM, it doesn’t alert you if you are high or low. You have to scan it to get a reading whereas with a CGM, you get a reading every 5 mins. I’m assuming if you are doing well with it, they might prescribe it on a trial and then review you.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Alex_B - many people on here have found they are given a trial, then go on to continue to be prescribed it. Maybe have a chat with the nurse you see in a few days?

Good luck with it all.

Reactions: Alex_B