Diabetics R Us

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hugs to you all, to you, @Antje77 , and Hidde, to all the other dogs and the cats, especially to these fortunate young ones who have found you.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
A Christmas song as the season is upon us and to keep this great thread going.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
You really do have the weirdest language!
80450391_2785111844937233_4910509355889065984_n.jpg

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Nothing I like more than a plate of ghoti and potato chops with salt and vonegar.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Those fires in Oz look horrendous. It seems the whole country is on fire. I hope all our Aussie friends are OK.

D

Deleted member 308541

Are you anywhere near the fires?
There are number of fires around the Bundaberg area where I live, but the worst fires are in NSW around Sydney and the Blue Mountains area.

I flew across the country from Bundaberg to West Australia yesterday, but could not much in the aisle seat I was sitting in. Grandsons were not sure if it was smoke or clouds from the height we were at.

Here's the Australian bushfire overlay map from Windy's website.

https://www.windy.com/-Show---add-more-layers/overlays?fires,-25.784,136.733,5

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Too true! :D
And just this morning I was wondering if and how I could take lessons in Dutch from you ...
No problem! We have stuff like this as well :D

On a heavier note (you don't really say that, do you? I like it.), this is Hidde. Today the vet has visited us to help him die. It was a good death and it will spare him from suffering but that doesn't really lessen the hurt of him being gone.
79345077_10219317305797739_1334357381504565248_n.jpg

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
R.I.P. Hidde. Rest in peace.
A lovely face, his spirit shines through in his eyes and the angle of his ears.
Blessings to you for your mercy, and also for your sorrow.

"On a heavier note" seems to me a good, expressive phrase. It certainly conveys the feeling.

I just put up my Christmas tree this afternoon -- it's a bit early but I need to brighten and lighten my spirits. And once Midwinter arrives, Christmas will follow very quickly.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
P.S. I was just on another thread here and someone had posted "On a lighter note ... " to change the subject in a post, and I realized I have heard/read that phrase many times. So "On a heavier note" sounds fine to me.

Reactions: Antje77

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No problem! We have stuff like this as well :D

On a heavier note (you don't really say that, do you? I like it.), this is Hidde. Today the vet has visited us to help him die. It was a good death and it will spare him from suffering but that doesn't really lessen the hurt of him being gone.
79345077_10219317305797739_1334357381504565248_n.jpg
Bigs hugs antjie77 xx

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I just put up my Christmas tree this afternoon -- it's a bit early but I need to brighten and lighten my spirits. And once Midwinter arrives, Christmas will follow very quickly.

My nana's birthday was 15th December, and to celebrate it, the family put trees up on that day. I still do after all these years. So for us, you aren't early, you are late!

Reactions: SaskiaKC