Big bruise after injecting

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Did my 6th injection yesterday if trulicity.

It’s the second time in that spot but that place hasn’t been used since 3rd injection so 4 weeks ago.

anyway when I looked last night there was a large bruise. Today still there and darker. Not painful in the slightest.

have I done something wrong or is this normal?

eventhorizon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just bad luck. You hit a blood vessel. I bet it itched immediately after the injection.

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Just bad luck. You hit a blood vessel. I bet it itched immediately after the injection.
But particularly.in fact I didn’t notice till I got ready for bed 12 hours later

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
My experience of injecting is with insulin, not Trulicity.
However, I frequently find I bruise. I was told this was not a problem - it was just that I had hit a blood vessel.
Like you, it rarely hurt.

The only advice I was ever given was to make sure I used a fresh needle each time as a blunt needle was more likely to cause bruising.
I was also told "Oh well, some people are more prone to bruising that others." So over time, I just accepted it ... and avoided wearing bikinis ... because no one wants to see my bright white flesh, let alone my bright white flesh with bruises.

Maybe someone else may come along with experience of Truliciy and more helpful advice from HCP.
But, if it was me and it didn't hurt, I wouldn't worry ... just bring it up at my next appointment.
Thanks. It’s the first time since started so I’m assuming it was a one off