Libre Freestyle difference

CJa

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I inserted a new Freestyle Libre sensor this morning and activated it with the reader. After the startup hour the first reading was telling me I was hypo (2.5mmol) however when I read the sensor with my phone I wasnt hypo (4.6mmol). I checked with a blood test which said 8.6mmol and obviously didnt help.
The Freestyle Libre reader has maintained a reading 2mmol below the phone app. This means I am registering as low all the time.
Anyone got any ideas?

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I always wait 24 preferably 48 hourrs before activating my sensor. Abbots recommend 8 hours. Check tomorrow to see if it improves.

FS is notoriously inaccurate under 4 and you need to follow up with a finger prick if it is telling you you're hypo.

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
That's weird. I've never known the reader and app to show any difference. The sensor has s number, the scan is a digital exchange. The algorithms are, should be the same.

Did you update the reader software a couple of months back?

CJa

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
That's weird. I've never known the reader and app to show any difference. The sensor has s number, the scan is a digital exchange. The algorithms are, should be the same.

Did you update the reader software a couple of months back?
Hi , thanks for the reply. Yes, my app is up to date. I don't think I can update the reader's software. I have attached two images: one is a screen shot of the app and the other is a photo of the reader. You can see theb graphs are offset.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200103-131254.png
    Screenshot_20200103-131254.png
    96.1 KB · Views: 151
  • Cja_resized_1.jpg
    Cja_resized_1.jpg
    434 KB · Views: 153

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
The reader IS updateable. I can't remember the link, but it is very straight forward. A search of the Libre website should find it.

ballabob

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Just stared using the freestyle had the same difference 5.4 with the freestyle and 7.4 with the finger test ? How do you down load the info on to a MacBook ?

Lotties

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just stared using the freestyle had the same difference 5.4 with the freestyle and 7.4 with the finger test ? How do you down load the info on to a MacBook ?
My results with the Libre have been less than stellar, too. It's been reading in the 3's all day but when I test this evening it's 5.3. For the first day, this sensor tracked quite well.
Sorry, can't help with the Mac.