Mirtazapine -

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All,

I have wrote before about this before but I'm still struggling.

My doctor has given me Mirtazapine I want to know If anyone has experience with the medication and has it helped with sleep?

I have taken it for a day now and I was still wide awake all night. So I'm really hoping someone can tell me their experiences with this medication.

Thank you:)

_pixie_

I was recently prescribed this too...I took one pill, slept like I was in a coma, and spent the entire next day drifting in and out of sleep. I couldn't work, drive, function. Needless to say that was the only one I ever took and now have sertraline.

What time of day are you taking it?

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was recently prescribed this too...I took one pill, slept like I was in a coma, and spent the entire next day drifting in and out of sleep. I couldn't work, drive, function. Needless to say that was the only one I ever took and now have sertraline.

What time of day are you taking it?

I'm taking it around 8pm & that's not good, I really hope I dont experience this.

_pixie_

I'm taking it around 8pm & that's not good, I really hope I dont experience this.

It wasn't a very pleasant experience at all. I took mine around then too....not much help sorry, maybe you just need to build it up a bit in your system?

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It wasn't a very pleasant experience at all. I took mine around then too....not much help sorry, maybe you just need to build it up a bit in your system?

I'm going to take the full 4 week supply. I will stop after that I guess. I dont know what else to do I'm really struggling to sleep and I'm worried if it continues since I work at 7am and I usually wake up at 5.30

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Maybe there is something else you can try afterwards...fingers crossed it gets better for you

I don't know anymore. I hope mirtazapine will kick in soon I'm off soon so I'd love a good 8 hour or more of sleep.

borderter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
loved mirtazapine slept well etc but it really raises blood glucose so doc cancelled it

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
loved mirtazapine slept well etc but it really raises blood glucose so doc cancelled it

My doctor prescribed me it but didnt tell me it would effect my blood sugar levels, how have you been able to sleep without the mirtazapine?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All,

I have wrote before about this before but I'm still struggling.

My doctor has given me Mirtazapine I want to know If anyone has experience with the medication and has it helped with sleep?

I have taken it for a day now and I was still wide awake all night. So I'm really hoping someone can tell me their experiences with this medication.

Thank you:)

Hi there Usman - I've never taken this drug, or anything to help with sleeping, but from what I read, it can take several days to be fully effective, so it could be you are someone who needs to wait a bit for it to show signs.

I do hope you manage some decent sleep soon. I'm very fortunate to be a good sleeper, but the rare nights I don't, I am reliable informed I am evil next day - that'll be grumpy.

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi there Usman - I've never taken this drug, or anything to help with sleeping, but from what I read, it can take several days to be fully effective, so it could be you are someone who needs to wait a bit for it to show signs.

I do hope you manage some decent sleep soon. I'm very fortunate to be a good sleeper, but the rare nights I don't, I am reliable informed I am evil next day - that'll be grumpy.

I only sleep when I'm not working, I think that's because I will usually clock off around 2am. Whereas when I'm working, I'll probably start to feel tired around 4am when I have to be up for work at 5.30am, I've tried everything from Google to help me try from breathing techniques to, reading a book or watching a boring tv programme. Nothing has yet worked.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I used this about 10 years ago and was on 45mg aday.I slept brilliantly.
Took before having t2, was taken off as I had put on so much weight

MancboyChris

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I used to be on this -

It sounds weird but Mirtazapine works better for sleep at lower doses eg. 15mg before bed.
When I was on it for depression, I was on a higher dose and it didn't help sleep, in the end the doctor put me on another antidepressant and prescribed mirtazapine 'off label' for sleep as this used to be an issue for me. Try 15mg about an hour before bed.