Exercise and not losing weight

Diabeticger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bread, Potatoes, anything Carby
Looking for a bit more advice, was diagnosed in April, everything going well as can be on that front , in November I had an unrelated stroke , so I'm doing a bit more exercise to try and get 100% function back, (still have a little restriction in right foot and hand) thing is I dont want to lose any weight as I'm fairly lean already , been advised to eat more eggs, cold meats and nuts , any more suggestions that will help me and not spike my glucose levels

Ger

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Cheese and olives? Add mayo or olive oil to salads?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Double cream? In coffee or added to sauces/cooking.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Looking for a bit more advice, was diagnosed in April, everything going well as can be on that front , in November I had an unrelated stroke , so I'm doing a bit more exercise to try and get 100% function back, (still have a little restriction in right foot and hand) thing is I dont want to lose any weight as I'm fairly lean already , been advised to eat more eggs, cold meats and nuts , any more suggestions that will help me and not spike my glucose levels

Ger

Hi there Ger - I hope you are healing well after your stroke. That was really bad luck!

When I was trying to stop losing weight, initially, rather than add in additional foods, I tried to just make my portions a bit bigger, concentrating initially on protein, then on the fats.

Frustratingly, it can take a little while to get the balance about right.