School project, Technology for Diabetes

Luke2207

Hello My name is Luke I am 12 years old and me and a couple of other students are taking part in a science competition. The competition is to create a piece of AI that can help people in some sort of way. Our idea so far is to create an app that could track your blood sugar levels and tell you. These figures could also be referred to your doctor meaning that waiting times won’t be as high. It would also tell you if you would need to go and see a doctor or not. We would like to know if this idea would help you in your day to day life. If not then please give us an example of what would make your life easier and better.

Thank you from everyone at the STEM team, Douglas Academy

D

Deleted member 308541

The bluetooth app I use already does this with the data from my LifeSmart meter.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
You might want to take a look at Diabits and PredictGL as existing apps that do some of this already.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
At the very least, I admire your ambition and initiative Luke.

lumusislight

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Hello My name is Luke I am 12 years old and me and a couple of other students are taking part in a science competition. The task is to write my essay explanation and create a piece of AI that can help people in some sort of way. Our idea so far ...

Quote abridged
<<<<

Hi Luke,
Hope you're doing well. It would be interesting to know the results of your project. Does your app have an import/export feature of the measurements? My elder son is a member of our school STEM club and I would gladly share our experience with AI projects too. His last project was a cartoon for kids to fight anxiousness and depression.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hello My name is Luke I am 12 years old and me and a couple of other students are taking part in a science competition. The competition is to create a piece of AI that can help people in some sort of way. Our idea so far is to create an app that could track your blood sugar levels and tell you. These figures could also be referred to your doctor meaning that waiting times won’t be as high. It would also tell you if you would need to go and see a doctor or not. We would like to know if this idea would help you in your day to day life. If not then please give us an example of what would make your life easier and better.

Thank you from everyone at the STEM team, Douglas Academy

Hi Luke, I hope you are well and keeping safe.
You have a very mature and an exploring, inquisitive mind on your 12 year old shoulders.
I wish you all the best in your project, so it's looking like a very interesting and a positive future for you.
Top banana award :)