Advice please

Tina321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, I have tried to inform dvla on line that I've started insulin, I am getting in a pickle it wants me to set up a lengthy security thing with a security agency where I'm giving a lot of personal details. I looked to phone and it's £3 something a min, I've tried email and it won't let me send information. Am I being stupid here, is there an easy way to inform dvla I'm taking insulin as required

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Hi, I have tried to inform dvla on line that I've started insulin, I am getting in a pickle it wants me to set up a lengthy security thing with a security agency where I'm giving a lot of personal details. I looked to phone and it's £3 something a min, I've tried email and it won't let me send information. Am I being stupid here, is there an easy way to inform dvla I'm taking insulin as required

I have seen the page where you got that information from but they are an intermediary body charging a premium rate.

Calling the DVLA directly on an 03 number costs between 3p an 55p a minute depending on whether you are using a landline or mobile and your contract details.

You can also write to them. Please see this page....

https://www.gov.uk/contact-the-dvla/y/driving-and-medical-issues

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
Wow ! Thank you so much, that's brilliant thank you
Further to the advice above, I would also advise you to keep copies of any communication, including times and dates of phone calls, since I have found my father's advice of over 40 years ago to be highly beneficial in dealing with diabetes and DVLA forms. Over the years I have regularly had to refer to previous applications, and still do, despite no longer taking insulin! Good luck.

Reactions: jjraak