Medtronic 640g. Bubbles in the tubing

shelaughs

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have been using the Medtronic 640g Insulin Pump for five months and I have had a problem with bubbles in the tubing, some are small bubbles but this seems to be getting worse, in the past 12 days I have had at least 6 large ones varying from 9cm to 19cm, The healthcare people don't seem bothered, I would like to know if anyone has had this problem, surely it is not normal, I am continuously checking the tube. I was previously using the Animas Vibe which never caused any problems. Thankyou Sheila

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I have been using the Medtronic 640g Insulin Pump for five months and I have had a problem with bubbles in the tubing, some are small bubbles but this seems to be getting worse, in the past 12 days I have had at least 6 large ones varying from 9cm to 19cm, The healthcare people don't seem bothered, I would like to know if anyone has had this problem, surely it is not normal, I am continuously checking the tube. I was previously using the Animas Vibe which never caused any problems. Thankyou Sheila

Do you make sure the insulin vial is at room temp before filling the resevoirs? If you are using them straight from the fridge you will get "champaigning" . Just a thought

shelaughs

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Do you make sure the insulin vial is at room temp before filling the resevoirs? If you are using them straight from the fridge you will get "champaigning" . Just a thought

Hi, I always use room temperature insulin, and when filling the vial, I let it rest for a few minutes to make sure any bubbles rise to the top before filling. I do think that the size of the bubbles seem excessive.

Reactions: porl69

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, do you tap while filling the reservoir? Push bubbles out when you see in it the reservoir window? Prime tubing? Like I push insulin out when attaching the reservoir to the mio.

shelaughs

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello, do you tap while filling the reservoir? Push bubbles out when you see in it the reservoir window? Prime tubing? Like I push insulin out when attaching the reservoir to the mio.

Hi, Yes I do all this very carefully, I am sure there must be something else wrong that causes bubbles so big.