Gut problems

Douglasw

I am type 1 diabetic and have been having problems when eating, it either runs right through me or it sits in my stomach for two or three days before I vomit it all back up, for the last three days I have been having stomach pain with bloating and reflux, blood glucose levels are higher than normal and I do not want to eat anything as it causes me so much discomfort and pain. Attempting to keep a food diary to see what is causing these issues with me but it seems to be most foods that I eat, been prescribed omeprazole by my doctor but doesn't seem to help, getting to the stage I'm going to phone nhs24 for advice but reluctant to do this as I will probably end up at A&E, which I don't really want,

Reactions: Rich92

Antechinus

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Yes, seek additional help. It is possible to get neuropathy of the gastric nerves and it prevents proper movement of the intestine. Important to get a proper diagnosis on this problem.

slikwipman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Intolerance
I am type 1 diabetic and have been having problems when eating, it either runs right through me or it sits in my stomach for two or three days before I vomit it all back up, for the last three days I have been having stomach pain with bloating and reflux, blood glucose levels are higher than normal and I do not want to eat anything as it causes me so much discomfort and pain. Attempting to keep a food diary to see what is causing these issues with me but it seems to be most foods that I eat, been prescribed omeprazole by my doctor but doesn't seem to help, getting to the stage I'm going to phone nhs24 for advice but reluctant to do this as I will probably end up at A&E, which I don't really

slikwipman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Intolerance
When you are ill make sure you monitor your glucose and medicate. My body puts glucose into my blood which I wasn’t aware of and because I wasn’t eating I didn’t inject. This resulted in a two day Hospital visit purely because I closed my ears to advice. Eating may sometimes make you feel better, as it does with myself, but you can’t know until you eat and I really do understand why you don’t want that food sitting in your stomach knowing that you are going to vomit it up which could then be followed by more vomiting. The best advice I can offer is to take meds as prescribed and face every day head on as attitude may have a massive bearing on your future. If you’re going through what I think you have my sympathies and good luck for the future