Dulaglutide (Trulicity)

francesk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've just seen my diabetic consultant this morning, he's pleased with my blood sugar levels, my HBa1c is 40. He's put me on this new (to me) drug, which is GLP-1 therapy to help even out and gradually lower the blood sugars hopefully leading up to (at some stage in the future) a kidney transplant.
I wondered if anyone else on here was on this drug, and how they found it? Thank you

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've just seen my diabetic consultant this morning, he's pleased with my blood sugar levels, my HBa1c is 40. He's put me on this new (to me) drug, which is GLP-1 therapy to help even out and gradually lower the blood sugars hopefully leading up to (at some stage in the future) a kidney transplant.
I wondered if anyone else on here was on this drug, and how they found it? Thank you

Great A1c Frances. You must be delighted.

Have you had any tests to give an insight to how how pancreas is performing at the moment? The GLP-1 class of drugs work by mimicking our natural response to getting rid of blood sugars, by asking our pancreas to produce more natural insulin.

This may be part of a master plan to get you off insulin, as well as potentially preparing you for a transplant, but it'd be good to be reassured your pancreas can still do what will be asked of it.

francesk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thank you, I am pleased!

No, I don't know how my pancreas is working, I don't know if any of my blood tests show that, what test is it?
I have to go back to see my consultant in five weeks time, i can ask him then.

First injection today, fingers crossed!!