Why has my fasting number increased?

Stefmjxo

I've been prediabetic for four months, since then I eat a lower carb diet, not keto, but around 100g a day and have lost 20lbs. I have also incorporated intermittent fasting around 16:8 most days. My sugars were always 88-91mg in the morning, but for the last two weeks they've been 94-100. Does anyone have an idea why they are going up despite my healthier eating and weight loss? I'm stumped and now I'm wondering if that means I'm getting worse or something. Maybe it's physiological due to the lower carb eating? Any insight would be appreciated

Reactions: Divia

Divia

I've been prediabetic for four months, since then I eat a lower carb diet, not keto, but around 100g a day and have lost 20lbs. I have also incorporated intermittent fasting around 16:8 most days. My sugars were always 88-91mg in the morning, but for the last two weeks they've been 94-100. Does anyone have an idea why they are going up despite my healthier eating and weight loss? I'm stumped and now I'm wondering if that means I'm getting worse or something. Maybe it's physiological due to the lower carb eating? Any insight would be appreciated
If your sugar was below 100, how did you get to know you're prediabetic?

I've read in the book The diabetes code that in the morning you may have a release of glucose from your own body. But your insulin would be low.

If I understood it correctly:

High BG AND high Insulin: pre/diabetes

High BG AND low Insulin: ok.

Let's see if someone who knows more can help you.

Stefmjxo

If your sugar was below 100, how did you get to know you're prediabetic?

I've read in the book The diabetes code that in the morning you may have a release of glucose from your own body. But your insulin would be low.

If I understood it correctly:

High BG AND high Insulin: pre/diabetes

High BG AND low Insulin: ok.

Let's see if someone who knows more can help you.

My hbA1C and pp blood sugar readings