Corvid19 and work

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
I work as a kitchen assistant in a care home for the elderly. The home has not restricted access into the home, so visitors come into the building daily. My concern is that I have to go into bedrooms and serve drinks to residents and family members. I'm worried that I may put myself at risk of the virus. I will not visit family or friends, or let any visit our house. I want to keep on going to work, so I thought about saying I can't do the tea trolley. Am I being over cautious do you think? I'm not going to shops either.

D

Deleted member 308541

I want to keep on going to work, so I thought about saying I can't do the tea trolley. Am I being over cautious do you think?
Wear a face mask and gloves if and when you deliver the cuppa... :D

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
Wear a face mask and gloves if and when you deliver the cuppa... :D

MASK? We don't have any masks! Only gloves, which I do wear.

D

Deleted member 308541

MASK? We don't have any masks! Only gloves, which I do wear.
I purchased two boxes of P2 masks when the bushfires were raging around here in Bundaberg late last year, I only used a couple of masks in the smoke.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @berylc ,

How about a compromise.. Knock on the residents door if they have visitors.
Stand well back as the visitor serves.
Grab the truck when at a safe distance..?