Coronovirus

Richmy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi I’m new too this forum I’m asking about the coronovirus now I’m type 2 insulin dependent I also have under active thyroid and undergoing hormone treatment for low testosterone I’ve a very low immune system I work as a security guard in a supermarket at the moment people are being nasty and spitting at staff am I at any risk at getting this virus

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I’m new too this forum I’m asking about the coronovirus now I’m type 2 insulin dependent I also have under active thyroid and undergoing hormone treatment for low testosterone I’ve a very low immune system I work as a security guard in a supermarket at the moment people are being nasty and spitting at staff am I at any risk at getting this virus

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

With the current situation, you should speak to your manager & stress you could be at risk.

Do you work solo? Or is there support. (Work in pairs?)

My hat is off to you sir.
I've worked as a marshal at sporting events & there is nothing worse than an ureasonable member of public.

D

Deleted member 308541

I've worked as a marshal at sporting events & there is nothing worse than an ureasonable member of public.
Late last year at the local shopping center a female threw a fit at one of those stall type shops out side of the main shops rwcking the display.

The security team could not handle her so the police were called in. They tasered her after warning her to stop, that quietened her down, she did not want to carry on after that

Richmy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

With the current situation, you should speak to your manager & stress you could be at risk.

Do you work solo? Or is there support. (Work in pairs?)

My hat is off to you sir.
I work solo unfortunately I’ve been a security guard for 20 years now my health these last couple of years as been bad I’ve all kinds going on low testosterone so having hormone treatment under active thyroid high I take simvastin for cholesterol I’m type 2 diabetic insulin 4 times a day my employer his based in Sussex I have a line manager who visits maybe once every 3 months

Type of diabetes
Type 2
It's a very worrying time, I'm type 2 , insulin dependant, low immune system and 64, I work in the criminal Justice system. I have read the government's initial at risk list and have been advised by my G.P that it would not be in my best interests to attend work for the next few months. I spoke to my HR department who told me that I have to do what I have to do, but it will count against my sickness/ absence monitoring policy and I could end up losing pay, I was slightly taken aback by this. It's a difficult decision to make especially as I don't have any symptoms of covid-19 at the moment but I guess that losing pay is probably preferable to getting this evil disease.

joffy01582

It's a very worrying time, I'm type 2 , insulin dependant, low immune system and 64, I work in the criminal Justice system. I have read the government's initial at risk list and have been advised by my G.P that it would not be in my best interests to attend work for the next few months. I spoke to my HR department who told me that I have to do what I have to do, but it will count against my sickness/ absence monitoring policy and I could end up losing pay, I was slightly taken aback by this. It's a difficult decision to make especially as I don't have any symptoms of covid-19 at the moment but I guess that losing pay is probably preferable to getting this evil disease.
HR are there for the companies use not yours ....I know that from my experience with diabetes at work.... If you are in a union they would be my first port of call not HR

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Yes true,and thanks
I have spoken to my area manager who has assured me that this will not count against any absence monitoring policy and as I'm not alone in this boat, and they would be hard pushed to stop any pay from me. Also after my previous diabetic problems I'm now classed as disabled person at work status. Anyway I've decided not to go into work for now.