Broken BG monitor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Bit of a long shot but does anyone know how I might be able to get hold of a new BG monitor before monday? Mines just completely given up, won't even turn on. I've only just replaced the batteries so not that either.

My GP is closed, local diabetes centre is closed, and my local pharmacy don't have my monitor, but have test strips for my back up monitor, for £30! They told me to phone 111 to get a prescription instead.

I'm currently on hold with 111 but obviously the line is really busy, and i don't want to take up time from them for something that isn't urgent.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bit of a long shot but does anyone know how I might be able to get hold of a new BG monitor before monday? Mines just completely given up, won't even turn on. I've only just replaced the batteries so not that either.

My GP is closed, local diabetes centre is closed, and my local pharmacy don't have my monitor, but have test strips for my back up monitor, for £30! They told me to phone 111 to get a prescription instead.

I'm currently on hold with 111 but obviously the line is really busy, and i don't want to take up time from them for something that isn't urgent.

You could buy whatever your pharmacy have. You need to be safe.

Many, if not most, folks have a spare meter, for this very reason, but of course it's all very easy to make smarty remarks.

I hope you get something sorted.

Reactions: 22nw22
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You could buy whatever your pharmacy have. You need to be safe.

Many, if not most, folks have a spare meter, for this very reason, but of course it's all very easy to make smarty remarks.

I hope you get something sorted.
I forgot to say i do have a libre, so I can still monitor my sugars, but need the monitor for if it plays up!
does look like 111 will be able to sort it anyway, so all is good :)

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I forgot to say i do have a libre, so I can still monitor my sugars, but need the monitor for if it plays up!
does look like 111 will be able to sort it anyway, so all is good :)

I was going to suggest keeping on at 111 for the prescription you needed so good that you are, for the broken meter I'd ring the makers Monday morning and they 'should' send you one out (clinics usually stock the GlucoRX Nexus) I say 'should' as they give the replacements so you continue using their test strips.