Teenager

beckyboo12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi my son is 16 with Type1 should I get him to self isolate or not I know they say that it doesn't effect them like adults I know teenager's like to meet up with each other to hang out he does understand with his condition it's a bit of a risk of getting this virus

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@beckyboo12 . No one can really make that call for you.
But I’m 56 dx’d 28yrs + . If I get symptoms that may suggest I’ve been infected I’ll isolate for the 2 week period.
Until that time I have no intention of isolating. Work offered me 12 weeks full pay and to stay at home. I declined.
For now I’m just being careful but have to admit to not having the social life of a teenager:)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi my son is 16 with Type1 should I get him to self isolate or not I know they say that it doesn't effect them like adults I know teenager's like to meet up with each other to hang out he does understand with his condition it's a bit of a risk of getting this virus

Hi,

You seem to have a topic started yesterday asking a similar question.
As I understand it, your husband is in the "at risk" group should he contract covid 19?

Your son needs to understand the risks involved with others more vulnerable.

The government has amended the guidelines yesterday, (in the UK.) regarding the subject of social distancing.

beckyboo12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

You seem to have a topic started yesterday asking a similar question.
As I understand it, your husband is in the "at risk" group should he contract covid 19?

Your son needs to understand the risks involved with others more vulnerable.

The government has amended the guidelines yesterday, (in the UK.) regarding the subject of social distancing.

beckyboo12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi yes he does understand the risks his not silly about it we have had a talk with him and he keeps up with the news

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi yes he does understand the risks his not silly about it we have had a talk with him and he keeps up with the news

Hi becky, I would say it's not just himself he's putting at risk, it's you and the rest of the family. My own opinion is that it is selfish even though he's young. I do get how hard it all is and that many people have to still go to work but hanging out with friends? x