Type 2 and the Coronavirus

Dominski65

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
congrats on the weight loss! That’s a triumph

your profile says you are type 1.5
- that's an autoimmune condition, just like type 1, just a slower onset version, usually occuring in adults.
So no way is T1.5 caused by being overweight.

(T2 is a metabolic condition where insulin resistance may cause weight gain as a consequence)
I am type 2 with insulin.. I have never really been told what category I am in 19 years.. so I put 1.5 because I take tablets and Insulin... I know I'm silly

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You are not silly. It is a heck of a learning curve. I was lucky, I found this forum before I had my first appointment with diabetic nurse.

Dominski65

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Do you test using a blood glucose meter, what do you eat in a typical day?
I used to religiously test 2 times a day but when I used to eat super good I would get high reading and it used to get me down as I did not know why. I normally have 3 eggs scrambled in the morning.. cup of tea... ham sandwich for lunch (white bread) then chicken salad for tea with half a dozen chocolate digestive...i know

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nope, not silly at all!

and that weight loss is STILL amazing :D

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
it's all about education. Testing twice a day is as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

Dominski65

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
it's all about education. Testing twice a day is as useful as a chocolate fireguard.
I have to be honest.. 2 years ago my doctors closed down so I had to register to join another with my wife. I did not have a diabetic check for 15 months after that! I had to call them even though on the initial appointment they said wait to be contacted by them. I then had to make an appointment, I turned up and had my blood test etc done. During this my nurse felt ill and they said they would call me again to come in to get my results. Another 4 months later I get the call to come in and speak them. I wasn't happy and I let them know( I was not rude).
This is just to let you know that my doctors are useless and regardless of promises of calls and follow ups from them... I received nothing, hence I have been on the same medication and used the same instruction for many years that does not seem to help bringing my blood sugars down.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you can find out your last hba1c result that would be useful. What meter do you have? The strips are your running cost. I use the Tee2.

The purpose of the meter is to give you a guide as to what effect your food had. You test before you eat and 2 hours after the first bite. If the rise is more than 2 then there were too many carbs.

Have a look at dietdoctor.com for ideas for suitable foods.

What are you currently eating in a typical day?