Covid 19 and NHS staff with diabetes

Jimmybetes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Any other diabetic nhs staff out there?
I'm anxious about returning to work tomorrow following a month of 3 weeks sickness (anxiety, work and diabetes related) and two weeks annual leave. I'm not sure what I'm doing.

I work in clinical research and will have to work in hospital this week and see patients in clinic on friday.
The nature of the job means I can't take work home.

My manager says if I do not attend tomorrow I will be on unpaid leave.

I really dont know what's best for me.
Anyone in a similar situation?

Josie66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes!!
Hi I'm a midwife currently on day 5 of self isolation ( had cough and minor symptoms) work in an assessment and triage high risk area.
Yesterday I was told I was to stay off for 12 weeks on full pay. I was so relieved as anxiety is high! A few hours later I got an email to say they had made a mistake and that I was to go in but have no face to face contact with patients..no idea how that's going to work!

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Hi I'm a midwife currently on day 5 of self isolation ( had cough and minor symptoms) work in an assessment and triage high risk area.
Yesterday I was told I was to stay off for 12 weeks on full pay. I was so relieved as anxiety is high! A few hours later I got an email to say they had made a mistake and that I was to go in but have no face to face contact with patients..no idea how that's going to work!

Thank God you're getting paid. It's stressful enough as it is. Hope you get over whatever it is you may or may not have.

Reactions: Josie66

Josie66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes!!
Thank you. Feeling better today

Missk_010

Hi I’m a community warfarin nurse and have been on two weeks isolation after I came back from Italy. They have told me I’m fine to go back to work in the community with at risk patients I can see up to 40 per day and I have type 1 and asthma. Absolute joke. So after stressing my concerns, and according to them my asthma is more important, I’m being redeployed as my job is classed as high risk. They want to see as many people in work regardless of what conditions they have if you work for the NHS. Any other employer has sent people home, the ministry have told people with a bmi Over 40 to stay home. Where is the protection for us??

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I worried that I work in a supermarket so should I self isolate?

MDolan - If you were considered to be at extreme risk of COVID-19, you would probably have received a letter already, with instructions of what you should do. This is the list of impacted people.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...ng-extremely-vulnerable-persons-from-covid-19

upload_2020-3-27_16-6-52.png

For everyone else, including people living with diabetes, the following applies:

https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus

upload_2020-3-27_16-8-54.png

If you still have concerns, please talk with your employer and see if they can help you minimise your interactions with others.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I’m a community warfarin nurse and have been on two weeks isolation after I came back from Italy. They have told me I’m fine to go back to work in the community with at risk patients I can see up to 40 per day and I have type 1 and asthma. Absolute joke. So after stressing my concerns, and according to them my asthma is more important, I’m being redeployed as my job is classed as high risk. They want to see as many people in work regardless of what conditions they have if you work for the NHS. Any other employer has sent people home, the ministry have told people with a bmi Over 40 to stay home. Where is the protection for us??

Same as my Profession (Police), all you get is 'do your best to keep away from people'. x

Rosieposie0

I was given this advise if you at on at risk register then you need to self distance for 90 days. Self isolating is something else do not get the 2 confused. Self distancing is what people are doing and get ssp for.