accu chek mobile

borderter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
Just got this as replacement for the expert but how in heavans name this be an improvement as its needing mysugr on mobile to calculate bolus where as expert does it all onboard .Unless i am doing something wrong its really not for me

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just got this as replacement for the expert but how in heavans name this be an improvement as its needing mysugr on mobile to calculate bolus where as expert does it all onboard .Unless i am doing something wrong its really not for me

Hi,

Did you mean the Mobile transmitting the data to the mySugr app on your phone via Bluetooth?

borderter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi,

Did you mean the Mobile transmitting the data to the mySugr app on your phone via Bluetooth?
Had to redo connection for some reason then no way to bolus calculate plus the lancer trigger so stiff its almost impossible to plunge it .All in all not for me

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Had to redo connection for some reason then no way to bolus calculate plus the lancer trigger so stiff its almost impossible to plunge it .All in all not for me

Hi @borderter ,

I'm sorry it's not for you.. I empathise. Had few meters that are not ideal.

Is there any way you could talk to your DSN (diabetes nurse.) & discuss a meter option best suited for you..?
In the meantime, is it still possible to use your old lancer? The one you're more comfortable with.

I am familiar with the Accu-Chek Mobile meter. But understand it's not for everyone.

borderter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi @borderter ,

Is there any way you could talk to your DSN (diabetes nurse.) & discuss a meter option best suited for you..?
In the meantime, is it still possible to use your old lancer? The one you're more comfortable with.

I am familiar with the Accu-Chek Mobile meter. But understand it's not for everyone.
Expert is still working so will use it till it fails but its sad that the wonderful technology of that meter is being phased out

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Expert is still working so will use it till it fails but its sad that the wonderful technology of that meter is being phased out

It is frustrating when certain things become obselite in production.

I feel you are entitled to a meter you can work with.
Contact your nurse as soon as possible & let them know this new meter does not work with how you manage your diabetes.

Wishing you all the best.

borderter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi @borderter ,

Jaylee I have really got to grips with it now and still think expert meter was better but providing I can get cassettes prescribed will continue to use it .May have helped if booklet and mysugr explained how to use it for non tech peeps like me .

aspot

Hi there. I'm using AccuChek Mobile for simple reasons:
•no need for stripe
•my sugar app
However...was short of cassette so got temporary supply of Freestyle Optium Neo. It has better functionality and more compact but use strips, so no good to me. Also has no mobile app. As I got my AccuChek cassette I still had some strips left. So decided to do double check to use them up. To my surprise 8 out 10 the results are HUGE! On Freestyle it shows 7.1 and the AccuChek 12.7. On the 2of10 the results were smaller, at difference being 0.7 mmol.
Can anyone shed some light on this?
The tests were done at same time, finger, place, temperature etc. How come the difference are so big? Thanks in advance.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
•no need for stripe
•my sugar app
However...was short of cassette so got temporary supply of Freestyle Optium Neo. It has better functionality and more compact but use strips, so no good to me. Also has no mobile app. As I got my AccuChek cassette I still had some strips left. So decided to do double check to use them up. To my surprise 8 out 10 the results are HUGE! On Freestyle it shows 7.1 and the AccuChek 12.7. On the 2of10 the results were smaller, at difference being 0.7 mmol.
The tests were done at same time, finger, place, temperature etc. How come the difference are so big? Thanks in advance.

As said in the forum many times meters will hardly ever match even if taken from the same spot of blood... choose a meter and stick with it

Meters are more accurate it the lower end

aspot

As said in the forum many times meters will hardly ever match even if taken from the same spot of blood... choose a meter and stick with it

Meters are more accurate it the lower end
Well it's frustrating to see so big difference... tbh prefer the AccuChek, but if it shows much higher reading I don't want to pump too much insulin and then fall into hypo. Will have to stick with Freestyle, despite not as convenient to use... also don't want to argue with gp/ diabetes nurse about readings...

Richard F

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
•no need for stripe
•my sugar app

I'm on libre now, but loved my mobile. Important not to touch the strip with your finger tip. Just get the droplet close, and let it "suck it up"

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Another thing I don’t like about the mobile is the cassettes have a shorter shell life so the is a risk of unused tests

aspot

Another thing I don’t like about the mobile is the cassettes have a shorter shell life so the is a risk of unused tests
Truly, the cassette has very short "lifetime ". But other than that it's very advanced device. Looking forward to next device, with smaller size and built-in Bluetooth...

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Truly, the cassette has very short "lifetime ". But other than that it's very advanced device. Looking forward to next device, with smaller size and built-in Bluetooth...

It’s no more advanced that my contour next one as a fraction of the size and with BT already inbuilt