Type 1 My eyesight is weird

rebetic

My vision has been low for a year now but after i was diagnosed i started seeing things clearer and i didnt even wear my glasses for a week!!! I couldnt go anywhere or do anything without them before , i thought my eyesight got better and i had bad eyesight because of DKA anyways a week afterwards my eyesight was back to normal lmao idk if this has ever happened to someone or is it just me

Last edited:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Fluctuating & or prolonged high sugar levels can effect eyesight clarity. It's a common issue. (Many have mentioned it.)

I wear glasses & find with sight tests for lense prescriptions my sugar levels need to be at an optimal level for a prolonged period, to find that "bench mark" on an eye sight test.?

Reactions: rebetic

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
Eyesight and sugar levels go hand in hand in my opinion, I wore glasses for distance for years. Had regular eye checks at opticians and hospital. Prescription was only classed as “ minor”:however my diabetic control was pants to be honest. After numerous complications I decided to “ screw the nut “ after about 2 years of good control I now don’t need to wear glasses for distance , I suppose the message Is try and have good control. ( I know this can be easier said than done ) and complications will be minimised, I also find that when my bs is low it does affect my eyesight .

type two paul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
My vision has been low for a year now but after i was diagnosed i started seeing things clearer and i didnt even wear my glasses for a week!!! I couldnt go anywhere or do anything without them before , i thought my eyesight got better and i had bad eyesight because of DKA anyways a week afterwards my eyesight was back to normal lmao idk if this has ever happened to someone or is it just me
A few months ago I went on to Gliclazide and my GLs dropped quite a lot and after a week I was having blurred vision which does happen apparently. Very frustrating though. My readers were useless and I bought some stronger ones. My sight still hasn't got back to what it was yet.

Dark Horse

Temporary high blood sugars affect the ability of the lens to focus light. When the blood sugars come down to normal,the lens will also go back to normal, but there is a delay so it can take a few weeks.