Beaten the Virus

Aknitty

Can I ask anyone who has it or has had it how their bloods have been?
Dr is convinced but my bloods have been stable which makes me doubt it? Have had fever, found it hard to breathe, raging headache and sore throat.
Been ready with sick day rules but bloods are best they have been for ages?? What on earth???!

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dr is convinced but my bloods have been stable which makes me doubt it? Have had fever, found it hard to breathe, raging headache and sore throat.
Been ready with sick day rules but bloods are best they have been for ages?? What on earth???!
Not being on insulin I didn't bother checking my BGs. There was nothing I could do about them so I just didn't want or need to know. Sorry ,it would have been useful to others if I had but I was just concentrating on getting through it at the time.

hyponilla

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was really sick for three weeks with perfect blood sugar the whole time. It baffled me, because normally any sign of a cold and it shoots up. When I finally started to feel better a few days ago, the blood sugar went up to sick levels. Not sure what's going on, but there's some weird immune responses to this virus. It would be interesting to know if anyone else experienced this.

Reactions: OrsonKartt

enzina

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pain, being dependent, egoistic people & jealousy
Hi @Aknitty ,
To my astonishment i need far less insulin than usual, completely the opposite from every other virus i ever had. Yesterday i even had two ghastly hypos without taking bolus insulin for my breakfast and lunch! I had to cut down on the basal as well. Very strange.

Reactions: OrsonKartt

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Morning zand I hope today finds you well.

My saga continues with the exciting addition in the wee small hours of projectile vomit to the list of 'my my my corona' which decided I wasn't tired and should have something to do ;)

Going to be a fasting day today I think

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning zand I hope today finds you well.

My saga continues with the exciting addition in the wee small hours of projectile vomit to the list of 'my my my corona' which decided I wasn't tired and should have something to do ;)

Going to be a fasting day today I think
Yes thanks I do feel well today...maybe 90% well. The depression lifted after 24 hours and went as suddenly as it came.
Do you think the vomiting was a result of all the coughing? I have had that in the past but thankfully not with corona. Though I did bring up some bile whilst coughing and fighting for air a few times.

I look forward to your posts...you are getting there! My own turning point was when I slept till 3 am without waking for the cough instead of 2.30 lol.

Thinking of you.

Reactions: ickihun and jjraak

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes thanks I do feel well today...maybe 90% well. The depression lifted after 24 hours and went as suddenly as it came.
Do you think the vomiting was a result of all the coughing? I have had that in the past but thankfully not with corona. Though I did bring up some bile whilst coughing and fighting for air a few times.

I look forward to your posts...you are getting there! My own turning point was when I slept till 3 am without waking for the cough instead of 2.30 lol.

Thinking of you.

This was full-on, I didn't know I could produce such quantities. It reminded me of the Monty Python film where the fat chap in the restaurant loses it.

I am glad you're feeling better, depression s a horrible thing I know. I have Asperger's Syndrome and depression used to be a big comorbid condition, now I am retired I seem more able to handle it. I'm looking forward to that sleep, thinking of ways to celebrate :)

Have a great day ;)

Reactions: jjraak

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I wonder if the fact that the virus attacks the hemoglobin is affecting how much glucose gets into the blood.? We'll know one day.
Liver again, me thinks. Virus may be unable to affect some Liver conditions, including IR. Other organs can be affected, I heard. No person experience though.
Son just getting over chicken pox and it was vicious and he's still with some spots which didn't scab. I think somehow he had something piggyback on his virus.
I'm sooooo cynical of over immunisations. Babies cannot cope with soooo many live vaccinations. Too many, I feel. This will be another to be added in future. Poor babies.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
You never know in finding this remedy another or many will be found accidentally for loads other of diseases, viruses or conditions.
After all the contraceptive pill was found accidentally.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all,

Day #6 - woke twice coughing but not that bad, the first night of 'proper' sleep 6 hrs. Temp still ok 36.1 bloods still up thru steroids at 6.8

Breathing is tight but I have 3 different inhalers. Walking isn't clever, slow and short or you stand still for a while.

I should be peaking this weekend and I know it's not as bad as it could be so I am grateful. Wishing everyone a fine weekend :)

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all,

Day #6 - woke twice coughing but not that bad, the first night of 'proper' sleep 6 hrs. Temp still ok 36.1 bloods still up thru steroids at 6.8

Breathing is tight but I have 3 different inhalers. Walking isn't clever, slow and short or you stand still for a while.

I should be peaking this weekend and I know it's not as bad as it could be so I am grateful. Wishing everyone a fine weekend :)
Woohoo! You're on the mend! So thrilled that you actually got some decent sleep :)

I still can't walk very far or fast. The day I caught the virus I had walked 6 miles. Now 60 metres wears me out and I am on day 33! It really is a long slow recovery. But it is recovery and that's what matters.

So pleased you are doing so well :D

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Woohoo! You're on the mend! So thrilled that you actually got some decent sleep :)

I still can't walk very far or fast. The day I caught the virus I had walked 6 miles. Now 60 metres wears me out and I am on day 33! It really is a long slow recovery. But it is recovery and that's what matters.

So pleased you are doing so well :D

Thank you. I already have my landlady chomping a the bit because the lawns need cutting and the pressure washer is sitting waiting. Don't think I will get much peace there:)

Not even going to envisage 33 days, oh my. Keep going strong :)

Reactions: JohnEGreen and zand

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. I already have my landlady chomping a the bit because the lawns need cutting and the pressure washer is sitting waiting. Don't think I will get much peace there:)

Not even going to envisage 33 days, oh my. Keep going strong :)
Each day getting a little better though:)

Reactions: Pipp

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
My grandson is just about over it now but my son is not feeling at all well with it he is at the Friary in Oxford and one of the brothers is bringing his meals to his room for him, one of the brothers is very old about 94 and very frail with health problems they are all terrified if they all get it there will be no one to look after him they are also doing their level best to shield him from the virus.

Some of the brothers are diabetic including Charles who as I said 94 now I think I am sure he told me so when I last met him.

Last edited:

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My grandson is just about over it now but my son is not feeling at all well with it he is at the Friary in Oxford and one of the brothers is bringing his meals to his room for him, one of the brothers is very old about 94 and very frail with health problems they are all terrified if they all get it there will be no one to look after him they are also doing their level best to shield him from the virus.

Some of the brothers are diabetic including Charles who as I said 94 now I think I am sure he told me so when I last met him.
I am glad your grandson is feeling better. I hope your son is a bit better by now too.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today is a very surprising 4.9 on the dial of doom. Slept well and back in the bed not the armchair with only one bad bout of coughing. Walking is still a big deal but it will pass. Temp was 36.2 so, on paper, I am ok :)
Only just seen this post! Well done!
How are you now?