Neuropathy

sue1309

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
False, patronising people who assume they know everything about me!
I’m having terrible pain in my feet and my right hand. Amytriptilene makes me like a zombie and Paracetamol n Codeine does absolutely nothing. Does anyone have any ideas if there’s a topical cream or anything I could use? The pain is horrendous, especially at night......thanks guys xx

type two paul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
I’m having terrible pain in my feet and my right hand. Amytriptilene makes me like a zombie and Paracetamol n Codeine does absolutely nothing. Does anyone have any ideas if there’s a topical cream or anything I could use? The pain is horrendous, especially at night......thanks guys xx
I'm in the same boat. I find also that codeine etc is ineffective. It's probably damage to nerve endings and (I THINK) this sends false signals to the brain ( a bit like people getting phantom pain even when they have had a limb amputated. I was offered Gabapentin once but didn't take it I read bad things about it, but maybe it is OK. I have a similar thread open on this.

Jamietomkinson1990

Type of diabetes
Type 1

IMG_0777.jpg
could try this ive heard its good

Caprock94

I have pain in my feet as well, and my hands feel warm at times. It varies in intensity. How is your blood sugar control?

Jamietomkinson1990

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have pain in my feet as well, and my hands feel warm at times. It varies in intensity. How is your blood sugar control?

It’s not good at all I’m unstable diabetic feel like the nurses I see are no good changed 3 times only making me carb count not when I should have done it younger just need something that will help my feet

Reactions: JinnyG

Caprock94

It’s not good at all I’m unstable diabetic feel like the nurses I see are no good changed 3 times only making me carb count not when I should have done it younger just need something that will help my feet

Have you tried going low carb? I found it pretty easy to stick with (unlike low calorie). My numbers are good......but my pain came on as my numbers came down. I'm hoping good control will help. Some days are better than others with my symptoms. I wish you the best with this!

Jamietomkinson1990

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Have you tried going low carb? I found it pretty easy to stick with (unlike low calorie). My numbers are good......but my pain came on as my numbers came down. I'm hoping good control will help. Some days are better than others with my symptoms. I wish you the best with this!

I haven’t tried low carbs what numbers would you say are good to eat and does it say on the back

Caprock94

I haven’t tried low carbs what numbers would you say are good to eat and does it say on the back

It works incredibly well! Do some research on this site. To get up to speed quick, watch youtube videos by Dennis Pollock (Beat Diabetes channel), Jason Fung, etc. You can still eat meat, cheese, nuts, veggies, etc.. Have to cut way back on bread and of course sugary foods and drinks.

As for numbers, I try to stay below 80 carbs per day. I know others go much lower. For me, under 100 even was a huge difference from my previous ways of eating, and it brought my numbers back in to normal range.