Type 1 Miao Miao Not Connecting

littlemolly

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Can anyone tell me how to reconnect my miaomiao to bluetooth? I have been using it for just 12 days and I think it's amazingly good, but have discovered this morning that the last reading it gave was at 7pm last night. I am getting messages that say the transmitter signal is lost and please reconnect, but I don't know how to!!! Have switched phone off, cut WiFi and bluetooth off and then switched everything back on, but the same message keeps coming through - help!!! I'm using the Tomato app and have a miaomiao 2.Would be very grateful for any help. Thanks xx

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can anyone tell me how to reconnect my miaomiao to bluetooth? I have been using it for just 12 days and I think it's amazingly good, but have discovered this morning that the last reading it gave was at 7pm last night. I am getting messages that say the transmitter signal is lost and please reconnect, but I don't know how to!!! Have switched phone off, cut WiFi and bluetooth off and then switched everything back on, but the same message keeps coming through - help!!! I'm using the Tomato app and have a miaomiao 2.Would be very grateful for any help. Thanks xx

Hi,

I use the Xdrip app. Can you go into your menu on Tomato & scan for Bluetooth devices then connect?

Tagging in @Brunneria who does use Tomato.

Reactions: littlemolly

littlemolly

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks Jaylee! No I can't find anything, anywhere that says connect!! Is Xdrip easy to set up? I'm wondering if when I change my sensor tomorrow, I should try Xdrip.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
You can try the reset button in the hole on the back on the mm1 on the front on the Mm2

I’m going to assume the basics here that it’s actually charged.?? It maybe the batter only lasts about 12 days??

If it charged and just resetting doesn’t work the delete and Bluetooth pairing with the mm in phone settings (if it shows) then reset the mm and try to start from the beginning again.

Failing all that join the MiaoMiao Facebook group and ask there

Something tells me battery though

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Try charging the battery as the mm2 doesn't seem to last the 14 days, Xdrip (iPhone version's easy enough to set up, no idea for android) and there's a Facebook group who if you join will help you through the set up, but it's not that hard to do.

Good luck.

Edit, and in my opinion tomato isn't fit for purpose as their servers go down quite often and it drains your phones battery.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was about to make the same suggestions as @searley, but he beat me to it. :D

Did you get any battery life warnings before it stopped working?
And you can actually charge the battery with the mm on your arm, you just have to sit there like a cyborg, without fidgeting for AGES. lol

littlemolly

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks Searley, didn't know about hole on front for re setting but it doesn't serm to have worked. I wondered about the battery too, but thought it couldnt be that because an alarm didn't go off. I'll try a recharge!

littlemolly

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks brunneria! I will try and charge the battery and just sit! ( Great excuse for doing nothing for a while! )

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I’ve had other units that say 100% battery next day they are dead.. 12 days seems reasonable to suspect flat battery

littlemolly

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks kev-w. I am now sitting on the floor charging the battery! I have an iPhone I can use so I might try Xdrip, but I'm rather useless setting things like this up. Tomato was set up more by luck than judgement!! But I'll join the Facebook group.

Reactions: kev-w

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks kev-w. I am now sitting on the floor charging the battery! I have an iPhone I can use so I might try Xdrip, but I'm rather useless setting things like this up. Tomato was set up more by luck than judgement!! But I'll join the Facebook group.

If you angle a mirror properly, you can see from the light flashing whether it is charging or not.
Can't actually remember which colour means charging, but it will be in the instructions.

I find Tomato v annoying. The font and colour, particularly. Can only read the dratted thing in some lights.
Am considering changing, when I next use a sensor. So may join you with Xdrip.

littlemolly

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just to let you all know, after sitting on the floor charging for 7 minutes, I'm now reconnected!! So thank you all SO much. Problem solved, but still don't know why it didn't alarm me, as the alarm for low battery is switched on. Hey ho

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @littlemolly ,

Blue intermitant flashing light is charging, when it turns solid green? Charged.

You will need to set a timer on your phone. The reset has to be pushed down for 60 seconds..
Taking it off charge sort of resets it too?

Online "destructions" here. https://miaomiao.cool/pages/faqs

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you angle a mirror properly, you can see from the light flashing whether it is charging or not.
Can't actually remember which colour means charging, but it will be in the instructions.

I find Tomato v annoying. The font and colour, particularly. Can only read the dratted thing in some lights.
Am considering changing, when I next use a sensor. So may join you with Xdrip.

I'm not sure about Tomato.
But with Xdrip you can change the look of the graph & their's a cool feature of the BGs & direction arrow as a "widget on the home screen & they crop up as a screen saver whilst the phone is charging too? As well as a lock screen banner.
Which is quite nice when the phone is docked in the car cradle.

Reactions: Brunneria

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm not sure about Tomato.
But with Xdrip you can change the look of the graph & their's a cool feature of the BGs & direction arrow as a "widget on the home screen & they crop up as a screen saver whilst the phone is charging too? As well as a lock screen banner.
Which is quite nice when the phone is docked in the car cradle.

Whatever I change to (if I change) has to work with an elderly 6s plus iphone and a 3rd generation apple watch. No plans to change either for the next 3 years. :D

Reactions: Jaylee

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
https://www.facebook.com/groups/853994615056838/ is the facebook group, there's a 'tutorial' on there to guide you through the set up using 'Testflight'.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Just to let you all know, after sitting on the floor charging for 7 minutes, I'm now reconnected!! So thank you all SO much. Problem solved, but still don't know why it didn't alarm me, as the alarm for low battery is switched on. Hey ho

Because it’s **** :) still you’ll know next time

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Have you used a MM?
I was under the impression you had Bubble..

I do have a bubble

I have a BluCon

I have a MM2

The tomato app is rubbish so it may not have noticed the drop in battery percentage or may just have ignored it. Not used the Mm2 for a while but I still lurk on the mm Facebook page and see how many people are having issues