botox against neuropathy

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
just had the thought that botox might be a help in servere neuropathy...

but might also be dagerous, just wondered if anyone in here has tried botox in this connection ?

I don have neuropathy, but my mother has , and she is on maximum dose of morphine which doesn help much unfortunately

type two paul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
just had the thought that botox might be a help in servere neuropathy...

but might also be dagerous, just wondered if anyone in here has tried botox in this connection ?

I don have neuropathy, but my mother has , and she is on maximum dose of morphine which doesn help much unfortunately
I don't think it would work personally. I got it bad in my feet and even if I put 3 layers of socks on it really makes no difference. The signals into the CNS and brain are all messed up from those damaged nerve endings. That's why a lot of pain medication aims to block those messed up signals. Just my thoughts. If you find it does then please let us know.

Reactions: Freema

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't think it would work personally. I got it bad in my feet and even if I put 3 layers of socks on it really makes no difference. The signals into the CNS and brain are all messed up from those damaged nerve endings. That's why a lot of pain medication aims to block those messed up signals. Just my thoughts. If you find it does then please let us know.

well yes if I find anything that can help neuropathy I will post it here, just thought that botox at least would numb the nerves hit by the poison... if one was in a wheelchair like forever, then it might be a final way to lower the burden of pain... but well I don't know anything specific on how the chemistry and electric nerve signals have gone out of whack