PostPrandial Testing

Positive1

Help, please. With the 1hr and 2hr after-meal glucose tests, when do we start counting? Immediately after a meal or after the first bite pls?

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Help, please. With the 1hr and 2hr after-meal glucose tests, when do we start counting? Immediately after a meal or after the first bite pls?
The convention is to start timing from first bite. Until you have achieved less than 2 mmol/L rise in the 2 hour tests I wouldn't bother with 1 hour tests.

Reactions: Positive1

Positive1

The convention is to start timing from first bite. Until you have achieved less than 2 mmol/L rise in the 2 hour tests I wouldn't bother with 1 hour tests.

I have read somewhere the less than 2mmo/L rise should be both within the 1hr and 2hr tests. The less than 2mmo/l after 1hr has been difficult for me to achieve. But pretty doing well with the after 2hrs.

Thanks for the clarification. Grateful

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have read somewhere the less than 2mmo/L rise should be both within the 1hr and 2hr tests. The less than 2mmo/l after 1hr has been difficult for me to achieve. But pretty doing well with the after 2hrs.

Thanks for the clarification. Grateful

Even non-diabetics can rise a lot more than 2 mmol/L at the 1hr mark, depending on the meal of course.

Reactions: Positive1