Ozempic 0.25

Jude

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Is anyone on this medication. My Endocrinologist has just prescribed this for me, taking me off Empaglifozin. Any advice gratefully received, thank you.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

vicks173

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My doctor has just suggested I start on this drug too- I'm interested in others experiences of it as I've never been on an injectable before

Tessie2018

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Is anyone on this medication. My Endocrinologist has just prescribed this for me, taking me off Empaglifozin. Any advice gratefully received, thank you.

Hi - I have been on this since October, it’s been fine. Lost 24lb and bloods have gone under 8. Normally 13 to 15.

RiffRaff

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people that have no manners,,
i started Ozempic .25 3 weeks ago was told would work up to bigger dose's over the following week's.had no side effect's as yet, up side is i take two less tablets every day. was taking sitagliptin and canagliflozin but told the Dr i was not taking canagliflozin as one of the big side effects is fournier's gangrene(bin there had that). diabetes nurse told me to stop sitagliptin. when i got the pen for ozempic. hopefully this will work if i do my bit get a bit more exercise as bloods are up and down like a yo-yo at the minute.its just a battle of wills some days and the mars bar win's some day,s i need to get a grip on this an do my bit

Demi's GEE

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
My doctor has just suggested I start on this drug too- I'm interested in others experiences of it as I've never been on an injectable before
It works great on blood sugars but it is starting to make me really sick.

SueAA

I am on my 5th week went up to 0.5mg on Monday- The nausea I'm not gonna lie is horrible but as when I started on the 0.25mg I'm hopeful that it will pass. The idea is to get me off Insulin after having ketoacidosis brought on by covid 19 ! Im not really happy on the Lantus and gained a stone in 4 weeks so I really need this to work along side of 2000mg long acting metformin.
It is a scary disease this one which I think I took for granted until I was in hospital after covid and almost died - folk beware and be safe