Smart Watch - Miao Miao - Libre

Joelbrod4

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to know how you get on with using you smart watches with the miao miao and the Libre.

I have an apple watch at the minute but I am not impressed with how it works with keeping track of my blood glucose. What kind of watches do you have? I have seen that the Fitbit Versa 2 & ticwatch pro2020 work well but I was also wondering what these are like as watches/ fitness tracker - I want one that can do it all! Does anyone use a Garmin or Huawei GT2?

Any information/ advise will be great.

Thanks!

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to know how you get on with using you smart watches with the miao miao and the Libre.

I have an apple watch at the minute but I am not impressed with how it works with keeping track of my blood glucose. What kind of watches do you have? I have seen that the Fitbit Versa 2 & ticwatch pro2020 work well but I was also wondering what these are like as watches/ fitness tracker - I want one that can do it all! Does anyone use a Garmin or Huawei GT2?

Any information/ advise will be great.

Thanks!

I used to have a Ticwatch Pro and an android watch with Xdrip. I only ever got the watch to be able to be used standalone on a few occasions. I have had problems with my Ticwatch recently and have just purchased a Watlaa watch. The Watlaa is totally standalone and after a couple of calibrations is really close to finger pricking. It is NOT a smartwatch....it is just for use as a BG monitor. I have mine connected to Xdrip
It is a decent watch for the money

Joelbrod4

I used to have a Ticwatch Pro and an android watch with Xdrip. I only ever got the watch to be able to be used standalone on a few occasions. I have had problems with my Ticwatch recently and have just purchased a Watlaa watch. The Watlaa is totally standalone and after a couple of calibrations is really close to finger pricking. It is NOT a smartwatch....it is just for use as a BG monitor. I have mine connected to Xdrip
Thank you, Ill have a look at that one.

Reactions: porl69

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a miaomiao, an old iphone 6s, and an applewatch 3
Very pleased with them as a combo.
Since my elderly phone won't read the Libre directly, I can only get readings on it via the mm, then the phone shunts to the watch.

Peter03

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have been using the ticwatch pro 2020 for a while now no real problems, only the fact it does not like to work as a standalone so needs to be near a smartphone, I do like all the apps you can have working on it so it encourages me to walk More now I normally walk 15k per day, there is the ticwatch pro 4g lte that I believe you can use in the UK which I should think you should be able to use as a stand alone, the watlla watch does seem good for the money but it depends what you want from it i.e. smartwatch or just a watch to read your bg,s and I assume alarms but I don't know

EMM30

I’ve just got a new Apple Watch 5 and use Libre, MiaoMiao, iPhone 11 and Tomato. I’m v disappointed as I’m not getting sound or vibration alerts on my watch. I think the problem is with the App. Any suggestions?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve just got a new Apple Watch 5 and use Libre, MiaoMiao, iPhone 11 and Tomato. I’m v disappointed as I’m not getting sound or vibration alerts on my watch. I think the problem is with the App. Any suggestions?

have you individually set the alarm criteria on the app?
I get to specify Alarms for high and low, v high and hypo, lost connection with miaomiao, low mm battery, also fast rise and fast drop.
I think the screen is in settings/alarm

EMM30

Thank u so much for reply Brunneria. Yes I have all alarms activated on app all the same as you. I get notification on watch but no sound or vibration. I get sound vibration and notification on phone.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank u so much for reply Brunneria. Yes I have all alarms activated on app all the same as you. I get notification on watch but no sound or vibration. I get sound vibration and notification on phone.

sorry - am stumped then.
I have apple watch 3, but now you are making me wonder if I get the alarms on the watch or just the phone... haven’t used a Libre for a couple of months, so memory fuzzy. I know i def get the alarms through on the phone (and v loud and buzzy they are, too), but the blood glucose updates come through on the calendar. I am rarely more than 5 feet from my phone, so don’t really need a wrist alert as well as a phone alert.

With your younger, snazzier Phone and watch, are they using the same calendar system?

Scoscar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there,
This probably won't be much help as you are on apple but I have a Samsung s9 plus and a Huawei sport watch two.
I also have a miaomiao and the combination of all three is amazing.
I have used these since last January amd to say they have been life changing is an understatement.
The app I use is xdrip plus.
I highly recommend them.

EMM30

sorry - am stumped then.
I have apple watch 3, but now you are making me wonder if I get the alarms on the watch or just the phone... haven’t used a Libre for a couple of months, so memory fuzzy. I know i def get the alarms through on the phone (and v loud and buzzy they are, too), but the blood glucose updates come through on the calendar. I am rarely more than 5 feet from my phone, so don’t really need a wrist alert as well as a phone alert.

With your younger, snazzier Phone and watch, are they using the same calendar system?

Not sure what u meant about calendar system. Just when sleeping or working like to get alert on watch . Thanks

EMM30

Hi there,
This probably won't be much help as you are on apple but I have a Samsung s9 plus and a Huawei sport watch two.
I also have a miaomiao and the combination of all three is amazing.
I have used these since last January amd to say they have been life changing is an understatement.
The app I use is xdrip plus.
I highly recommend them.

Thanks. Think problem is with Tomato app. Must check xdrip if can use on apple. I do love Libre and MiaoMiao although bit always accurate but has helped me greatly too.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure what u meant about calendar system. Just when sleeping or working like to get alert on watch . Thanks

on my libre/I phone/tomato/Apple Watch setup, all the readings come through the Calendar., in order to be visible on the watch face as a Calendar appointment.

Last edited:

Scoscar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks. Think problem is with Tomato app. Must check xdrip if can use on apple. I do love Libre and MiaoMiao although bit always accurate but has helped me greatly too.
Hey there.
I struggled with the tomato app. It was ok for a short while when I first got my miaomiao but then was very unreliable. It kept disconnecting. I'm sure xdrip is available for the iPhone. I have been using it for a while on my Samsung phone and it is fantastic. It wakes me up in the night of my blood sugar goes high or low. I don't know what I would do without it.
Scott.

Reactions: EMM30

EMM30

Hey there.
I struggled with the tomato app. It was ok for a short while when I first got my miaomiao but then was very unreliable. It kept disconnecting. I'm sure xdrip is available for the iPhone. I have been using it for a while on my Samsung phone and it is fantastic. It wakes me up in the night of my blood sugar goes high or low. I don't know what I would do without it.
Scott.

Definitely must try xdrip. Tomato developers replied to me saying alarms aren’t available for Apple Watch. Bit silly really. Thanks Scoscar

Scoscar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Scott- xdrip seems so complicated to install? Is it Nightscout? Totally confused as see so much coding
Hi,
No it isn't night scout. I have heard of that but I don't know what it is.
Sorry I can't help you with the installation on an iPhone.
I hope you can get it sorted.
To be able to see your blood sugar levels on your wrist and to get the low and high alarms is amazing.
I do quite a lot of running and since having the libre, miaomiao and smartwatch combination it has made managing my sugar levels whilst running so much easier.
Scott.

Reactions: EMM30

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Perhaps you could say a little more about your experience with the Watlaa watch. Is it visible in strong sunlight? I assume it's not "always on"? Is battery life as good as they say?
How does the it connect to xDrip? I can't see it mentioned in the "Smart watch features" section of xDrip.

Reactions: porl69

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Perhaps you could say a little more about your experience with the Watlaa watch. Is it visible in strong sunlight? I assume it's not "always on"? Is battery life as good as they say?
How does the it connect to xDrip? I can't see it mentioned in the "Smart watch features" section of xDrip.

Very happy with the Watlaa so far. The vibration on lows/highs are enough to wake me up (most times) during the night. The screen is a bit touchy feeley ie it doesn't take much to wake the screen up! Screen is only on when you touch the bottom of the screen and it is pretty much the same as other smart watches in bright sunlight - hard to see the display! Connecting to Xdrip - you need to connect you Watlaa to the MM first the go into your Xdrip , press the "hamburger" (top left of screen) do a bluetooth scan and Watlaa One should pop up, press Watlaa One and your good to go. Watlaa does not appear in the Smart Watch features as it is being used as a collector/transmitter for MM and Xdrip. The MM will only connect to one item at a time - so it will connect to the watch and then the watch will send the data to Xdrip on your phone

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Scott- xdrip seems so complicated to install? Is it Nightscout? Totally confused as see so much coding

The iPhone xDrip? https://www.facebook.com/groups/853994615056838/ is the facebook group for it (the Android app is xDrip+ and totally different to the ipPhone one) with documentation, I found tomato not to be fit for purpose if I'm honest, easy to set up and use but not a great deal of use for reliable monitoring.

Regarding watches and iPhones (I'm just reading up on this) it would appear that some andoid watches will allow you to use your phone calendar to create a 'complication' for your watch face, xDrip appears to allow this but what software addons you need I don't yet know :)

EDIT. xDrip can send readings to an iWatch 3 if you use a 'modular' watch face and very useful it is too :p

Last edited: