Received the Omnipod DASH

ElkBond

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Charisma_1630 At the moment there is no way for the UK/ Europe Dash to bluetooth from a meter. Not sure why but thats the way it is. @Heathero There is no way to transfer the insulin programme :(

Heathero

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi All,

I have now received my DASH, I was considering adding onto the last topic about the DASH but I decided to start fresh as this is more about the actual handset rather than availability.

My favourite improvement is the ability to turn off all beeps apart from the hazard (pod fail alarm). No more beep beep once the instruction has been accepted. No more pressing the pod to muffle its beeps. The most welcome change and one less thing to be conscious of.

The pod is the same other than that (communication is now bluetooth from radio).

The PDM is a lot better, of course, and the app is quite well rounded. Two issues for the EU version, no carb library (Americans get a full carb library from Calorie King). We have now lost the function to save carb presets, I think this is possibly because they had to drop the carb library (licensing... EU law, who knows) and they haven't designed in a standard manual library. This is a little annoying as I used it a bit on the old PDM. Not a game killer but annoying.

Second issue is we have no Omnipod apps on the iPhone (not that fussed on this one). The US PDM has WIFI on, we have no WIFI connectivity (does beg the question how we update the pod as features get approved..if at all). The US Omnipod sends IOB to a iPhone widget, and there is a follow app like Dexcom, probably used for parents to monitor insulin.

Bit of a shame to not get the complete DASH, but the rest of the PDM is a massive improvement, more info on the main screen, settings are easy to change and the locked down PDM gives all the benefits of phone, slim, rechargeable and you can turn the volume off on the phone so you are completely silent on both the pod and phone.

Let's hope looping on the bluetooth pods comes soon. I was considering a Rileylink on the old Eros pods but when I last looked the PCBs were on back order and then I was offered the upgrade.

If you want to know more, just ask :)

Hi just wondering if I need to buy a new battery for Dash (were supplied with PDM? As needing to charge at least once a day, sure it lasted longer initially? Do you get message no Bluetooth on your Dash ? Find I can’t access it when this happens generally only for a few minutes . Thanks.