Phones & Miao Miao

peat5961

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can anyone help my old Galaxy J3 keeps loosing Bluetooth connection to my MM2 (at least twice an hour) so I need to get a new Phone.

Can anyone using a new BUT CHEAP phone that keeps connected to there MM 2

Please let me have its Name / Model Number and maybe the APP they use i.e. Tomato, Glimp or xdrip

I have tried them all & nothing stays connected with my old phone.

When I loose connection the phones Bluetooth cannot see my MM2 even if I tell the phone to scan but if I turn the Bluetooth off then back on it finds it straight away then after 10 -15 mins it’s gone again.

If anyone knows of a reasonable priced phone that KEEPS connected to their MM can you let me know its name please.

The phone is only ever used for the MM2 not for calls so I do not need or can afford it to be flashy.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I use the MM2 too.

If it's any help
I had an old Galaxy A3? Till it went a bit flakey on all counts. It was reasonably stable with Xdrip.
I aquired a slightly older? Galaxy Note 4 earlier this year & not had any connection issues.
I did have a few "teething" issues with battery life. But resolved that with a new one for around a tenner?
Be awair of batteries for the Note 4. The NFC arial is incorporated with the battery & has its own connection points along with the + &-

Mine is little more than a glorified time piece & MP3 player, other than a BG monitor.

peat5961

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I use the MM2 too.

If it's any help
I had an old Galaxy A3? Till it went a bit flakey on all counts. It was reasonably stable with Xdrip.
I aquired a slightly older? Galaxy Note 4 earlier this year & not had any connection issues.
I did have a few "teething" issues with battery life. But resolved that with a new one for around a tenner?
Be awair of batteries for the Note 4. The NFC arial is incorporated with the battery & has its own connection points along with the + &-

Mine is little more than a glorified time piece & MP3 player, other than a BG monitor.

Thank you for your help not many answers so far will take a look at the phone you named. Also will rewrite 1st message to see if get more replies again thank you for the help

[Edited by moderator to clarify reply mixed in with quote.]

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you for your help not many answers so far will take a look at the phone you named. Also will rewrite 1st message to see if get more replies again thank you for the help

[Edited by moderator to clarify reply mixed in with quote.]

Hi,

To be fair, folk seem to change phones quicker than their underwear these days. So you should be able to find a decent used phone without shelling out big bucks?

Just out of curiosity, are you certain you don't have another app running in the background that maybe is interfering with the BT connection?

peat5961

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

To be fair, folk seem to change phones quicker than their underwear these days. So you should be able to find a decent used phone without shelling out big bucks?

Just out of curiosity, are you certain you don't have another app running in the background that maybe is interfering with the BT connection?

Your right some of my friends get a glazed look on their face each time they see an advert for a new phone on the TV and the next minute its look at my new phone.

but to me its just the same as the old one ?

And no other apps running in the background I did not even need a mobile phone until I started using the Miao Miao I only use the phone to see its test results

But thanks for the help will try looking at some of the places from the TV that sell used phones but its getting one that keeps connected to the MM

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
@peat5961, just to put my two penneth in here. Samsung are notorious for dodgy bluetooth connection issues. I did have an S8+ which would loose connection from time to time. I now have a new, shiney, Huawe and have had no connection issues. BUT I am using a Watlaa watch as the main connection to the MM and then the watch sends the info to Xdrip on my phone. Have a look around for a cheap Huawei phone maybe?

Reactions: kev-w

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I wouldn't disagree regarding the Huawei. I got a new one as a gift for my wife a year or so back, she loves it.

Regarding using them for BG monitoring I'll tag in @Antje77 . I believe she uses one..

@porl69 i've been looking at the Watlaa one.
I have to admit the price would work out probably a lot cheaper as an option, than a new phone.. For @peat5961
With less risk of dropping the tech (being a wearable.)
Lol, I've been contemplating one for myself too..
My only thoughts are Bluetooth in "series" as opposed to parallel from the MM?
I have found if I've been out of range from my Note4 it will up date automatically when I'm back with the phone.

Have you seen any lag on your device with the data sent on from the watch?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I wouldn't disagree regarding the Huawei. I got a new one as a gift for my wife a year or so back, she loves it.

Regarding using them for BG monitoring I'll tag in @Antje77 . I believe she uses one..
I do use a Huawei P Smart, and in the past have used Samsung S3 mini and Samsung J3. They all work fine with my Libre.
However, I don't use a Miao Miao, and in fact I don't think I've used the bluetooth function for anything, ever. So not much help here.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
@Jaylee the MM will only transmit to 1 item. When its connected to my Watlaa and I do a bluetoothe scan on my phone then the MM is not seen.

As for the Watlaa watch, I am very impressed with it. As you have said wearing it sort of eliminates the drop factor. And stand alone is brilliant, dont have to have your phone with you all the time

peat5961

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@peat5961, just to put my two penneth in here. Samsung are notorious for dodgy bluetooth connection issues. I did have an S8+ which would loose connection from time to time. I now have a new, shiney, Huawe and have had no connection issues. BUT I am using a Watlaa watch as the main connection to the MM and then the watch sends the info to Xdrip on my phone. Have a look around for a cheap Huawei phone maybe?

I’ve been Looking for a new phone but from reading your messages the Watlaa looks like the better option for me as I don’t really use the phone as a phone just a way of getting the Miao Miao 2 data.

Could you or anyone give me more details of where it’s from and can I buy it in the UK

peat5961

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I’ve been Looking for a new phone but from reading the messages a Watlaa watch looks like the better option for me as I don’t really use the phone as a phone just a way of getting the Miao Miao 2 data.

Could you or anyone give me more details of where it’s from and can I buy it in the UK

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I’ve been Looking for a new phone but from reading your messages the Watlaa looks like the better option for me as I don’t really use the phone as a phone just a way of getting the Miao Miao 2 data.

https://watlaa.com/w1/

It comes from the USA. Postage is pretty quick

CondorX

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not that this is really of help to MM2 users, but I have had absolutely no problems with a MM1 and an old iPhone 7 plus - no longer used as a phone, just for MM and Libre App really. I use Spike and it's seamless, making it into a CGM. Even managed to "resign" Spike manually with the help of the FB Spike group when the Developer Licence renewed. I don't use Libres continuously - am T2 - but Spike has been great and never loses BT connection unless I forget the phone in another room.

Heard that MM2 has some teething probs and poor battery life and quite a few people complaining about Tomato and other apps with MM2. My MM1 also connects via Spike to my Apple Watch 2, am just going to keep my elderly iphone and Spike going as long as they all work!