Returning to work

Ahewitt95

My store is set to open on the 13th of july. According to HR, as long as I wear the proper PPE, I should be fine. However I have emailed my doctor to see about getting letter saying I should still be shielding as my control, although improving, is still poor. Anyone else is the same boat?

UK T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you been shielding? My 'updated' shielding letter (copy of which I saw someone else had posted on here last week, sorry can't remember where) very clearly says to still be working from home if possible. If there are any tasks you can be doing from home then your employer should allow this.

I'm a teacher and so have been assigned virtual resources to prepare for the year groups not in school and told I won't be on the rota for the keyworker/vulnerable/returned year groups in school for rest of the academic year (3 more weeks...), so different situation I'm afraid. You should probably ask for a risk assessment from your employer. Again if you search on here I think there are other posts on this that might help you - good luck!

Ahewitt95

Have you been shielding? My 'updated' shielding letter (copy of which I saw someone else had posted on here last week, sorry can't remember where) very clearly says to still be working from home if possible. If there are any tasks you can be doing from home then your employer should allow this.

I'm a teacher and so have been assigned virtual resources to prepare for the year groups not in school and told I won't be on the rota for the keyworker/vulnerable/returned year groups in school for rest of the academic year (3 more weeks...), so different situation I'm afraid. You should probably ask for a risk assessment from your employer. Again if you search on here I think there are other posts on this that might help you - good luck!
Thank yo

Reactions: UK T1