Getting the libra sensor starter kit

Caz3

Hi I'm Caz 40 UK type 1 diabetic insulin controlled was diagnosed in 1979 i was 16 mnths old when diagnosed my hbca is currently 108 I'm poorly controlled and have no warning signs for hypos or hypers can anyone advise me on the libra and any suggestions for getting control of my diabetes instead of it controlling me
b748c9bc-a09d-4764-a583-16bf31cee734.jpg

JMK1954

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi and welcome to the forum !
Do you have a hospital DSN you can talk to about sorting things out ? Do you attend a hospital clinic ? The Libre is not a magic answer to all our problems, though it can certainly help.
Do you know why your Hba1c is at that level ?

Edited to add : Sorry for all the questions. You are obviously pretty fed-up with the situation and must be feeling anxious too. I think everybody on here will understand that. More information from you will help people to suggest what you could do about this.

Last edited:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I'm Caz 40 UK type 1 diabetic insulin controlled was diagnosed in 1979 i was 16 mnths old when diagnosed my hbca is currently 108 I'm poorly controlled and have no warning signs for hypos or hypers can anyone advise me on the libra and any suggestions for getting control of my diabetes instead of it controlling me View attachment 42561

Hi @Caz3 ,

Welcome to the forum.

Looks like more questions.
What insulin regime are you prescribed?
When did you last see a consultant?

Regarding the Libre "starter pack." It is possible to just use the sensor with a compatable NFC enabled smartphone with the Librelink app installed. (That's how I started.)
If you are looking for something to alert you when out of range.? You will need a Bluetooth NFC scanner added onto the sensor sending readings to your smartphone device with a 3rd party app like XDrip or Glimp?