Type2 confirmed yesterday

Craigmartin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Craigmartin

You are an inspiration to me mate, keep up the great work

That's a lovely and unexpected post. Thank you. I actually 're read the whole thread yesterday and it seems so much longer than April 22nd? I have found it a big help on here and the senior posters do a sterling job.
I also wrote the highs and lows without any agenda and you certainly have peaks and troughs. Would love to have reported a 45ish H1 result yesterday but it was 75 and that in itself is real life. Like I said if someone can learn from my journey like i did from Jo, Field,Hsss,Resurgam,Bluetit and countless others then its a nice feeling.
Thanks again Old-school. A little boost for me on reading that.

Craigmartin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How do everyone.. Nothing of real consequence to report since last post. Numbers tend to be 7ish in morning and between 5.6 and 8 on random tests. Not seen a 9 in week's. Scales show weight level static which disappoints a bit but people saying I've lost some more. Still have the odd day when the Sukkarto gives me trouble but generally much better than initial Met. I do however have my first eye screening on Friday. Says i shouldnt drive after appointment? What is different to a general eye test and how long should it take please?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
How do everyone.. Nothing of real consequence to report since last post. Numbers tend to be 7ish in morning and between 5.6 and 8 on random tests. Not seen a 9 in week's. Scales show weight level static which disappoints a bit but people saying I've lost some more. Still have the odd day when the Sukkarto gives me trouble but generally much better than initial Met. I do however have my first eye screening on Friday. Says i shouldnt drive after appointment? What is different to a general eye test and how long should it take please?

The eye test is a retinal screening test where they take an image of your eyes. It is nothing like an eyesight test. First of all they get you to read one of those opticians letter boards at a distance, then they put some drops in your eyes. You then wait about 10 minutes before having the images taken. The images take about a minute. The reason for the drops is to enlarge your pupils so they can get a better view. Sometimes the drops sting a little bit, but nothing horrendous, and with some people it can make your sight a bit blurry for an hour or two (although it never has done with me). It is better if you wear sunglasses if the weather is bright and sunny, and better if you are not driving in case you get the blurriness. All in all about 15 minutes plus any waiting time to be seen. You should get the results by letter withing a few weeks. They usually say 6 weeks, but it has never been as long as that in my case, usually just a couple of weeks.

Well done on your home testing levels. When you say "random" tests, when do you mean? Are you testing before you eat and again a couple of hours later? Random tests taken at any time are a bit meaningless.

Craigmartin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The eye test is a retinal screening test where they take an image of your eyes. It is nothing like an eyesight test. First of all they get you to read one of those opticians letter boards at a distance, then they put some drops in your eyes. You then wait about 10 minutes before having the images taken. The images take about a minute. The reason for the drops is to enlarge your pupils so they can get a better view. Sometimes the drops sting a little bit, but nothing horrendous, and with some people it can make your sight a bit blurry for an hour or two (although it never has done with me). It is better if you wear sunglasses if the weather is bright and sunny, and better if you are not driving in case you get the blurriness. All in all about 15 minutes plus any waiting time to be seen. You should get the results by letter withing a few weeks. They usually say 6 weeks, but it has never been as long as that in my case, usually just a couple of weeks.

Well done on your home testing levels. When you say "random" tests, when do you mean? Are you testing before you eat and again a couple of hours later? Random tests taken at any time are a bit meaningless.

Thanks for info on the eye screening.
Random was maybe the wrong choice of word? I test before and then few hour after meals but not as often now as i know now certain foods agree or disagree which learnt through testing pretty much everything. It's much as you advised months ago and i can feel in myself now if my numbers are creeping up which I then test to confirm. Brisk walk and be stricter with carbs and soon right again. Touch wood my eyesight has righted itself now my glucose levels are getting down after few week of being unable to read without blurry close up.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Craigmartin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hy guys.Was due my 2nd H1 test since diagnosis but cant get me in till 22nd. The eye screening came back all clear so that was good. Not been above 8 in 2 month and generally 5and 7s.Only get high 7s first thing in morning. Weight loss at a standstill but working up courage to rejoin gym. Wont lie a few bad habits crept back in ie beer and few foods I know should avoid. Will see what this next set of results say but i know I can improve so much more with exercise and back to being rigid with low carb so just need to get back in groove. Think because the initial shock of diagnosis now over im taking few things for granted. Will post when recieved the next results. Cheers everyone...

Craigmartin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'd put money on you being in the normal range by Christmas, and I don't bet.

Latest result is 53. Still getting the higher readings first thing in mornings so that has kept it higher than i hoped. Fairly confident low 40s next 3 month test.Fingers crossed