Insulin
Reactions: Stephanie 1233

copilost

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am very overwhelmed
yes this is normal. take a deep breath, you can do this. I found this site really supportive. Start here with all your questions and worries and "would like to knows". Any question or concerns you have - put it here, you will get helpful, sensible and informed responses. Really, it's going to be ok :)

Shan-Marie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello,

Snap i am in the same boat. I was diagnosed last week and its been so full on. The tablets are making me feel sick and ill. I hate testing my sugar level. I feel so depressed. I just feel completely lost with it all.

Reactions: Perminder1

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Stephanie 1233 @Shan-Marie
Hi Stephanie and Shan-Marie
I was diagnosed in lockdown week -double whammy!. Major stress, anger and depression here!
But I've had time to read, research and now know its not a life sentence, its a manageable condition which is within my control... and theres loads of help out here. You are not alone and yes it does take time to get used to the idea. Its OK to feel angry, sad, 'why me?' and million other things too.
Don't beat yourselves up for not knowing everything right from the beginning. Its a lot to learn so be kind and gentle to yourselves. Its OK to make mistakes or shout and scream.
You've already found this forum, which is brilliant. Ask anything, read everything and you will get there

Reactions: Perminder1