Type 1.5 Suddenly no bolus needed??

JMcB

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello all,
For the past two day’s if I bolus I have too much IOB and have a hard time keeping my sugars up. Not going low at night. Also not rising as usual when I get up. I have LADA. Anybody else experience this sometimes? Very, very strange.
Thanks!

JMcB

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Update: Ate chia pudding w nuts and berries. Usually take bolus but didn’t just to see and very little rise 2 hours later. So confused.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Update: Ate chia pudding w nuts and berries. Usually take bolus but didn’t just to see and very little rise 2 hours later. So confused.

Hi there. Well I am in the so called 'honeymoon' period as far as I can tell and I often take no bolus for meals unless I am having a very carby meal. You do not HAVE to take bolus with meals, it all depends on your ratio and what you are eating. Do you still take basal? Also if you are LADA you may still be producing some of your own insulin so when your body gets no bolus, its own kicks in. x

JMcB

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I am still taking basal. This sudden lack of need for bolus is super strange. Came on suddenly. Normally have to bolus, although not much due to my diet. In March when tested I wasn’t producing any insulin. Seems odd I suddenly would be now. Of course due to Covid am a bit nervy about going in to get tested again.