Andy_Warlow

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cycling,
Hi Guys,

For all of you out there, who have to work night shift. What has been the affect on your blood sugars?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi there - is this something you are about to start, or are you having issues yourself?

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I worked nights for several years with T2 when I was injecting insulin. I found I just had to be a bit more aware of what my BGs were doing (testing more frequently) as my body didn't necessarily react to carbs like it does in the daytime. I found any carbs I ate raised my BGs a bit more than they did normally - for instance where I worked they would drink huge amounts of tea with milk and it really caused my BGs to be constantly on the high side, so I cut out the tea which helped. I also found I needed to take very low carb meals with me and not eat the very carby free 'comfort food' (cereal and toast) that came as a perk of the job so I did feel a bit like the odd one out.

But we are all different so it might not affect you like that.

Andy_Warlow

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cycling,
See for me,

As long as I exercise and stick to relatively low carb. My blood sugar is pretty good on nights.

But I was reading about how it can really up people blood sugars.

But I also take vitamin D tablets.

The biggest problem I have is changing back around as I just want to ****, for a couple of days while I swing back to normal. So that is always a fight.