LCHF & Cholesterol.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I love fat but it hates me - so the short 6 month love affair I have had with it has had to end - I have been caught out - high cholestorol!
............................................................................................................

Mod note;

Hi guys, A fresh topic has been set up to help support Mrs T. :)

Please be mindful of the forum ethos rules & by all means be informative, However bickering on differences will not be tolerated.

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/community-ethos-forum-rules.50278/

Thanks for your compliance.

Jaylee, on behalf of the moderator team.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
How "high" and what ratios?
Not sure spoke to my DN but she said the combined was 2.7 and she wasn't too concerned as apparently they like it to be under 4 - I am not too concerned either as I have really upped the fats in the last six months (admittedly far too much cream, f/f greek yoghurt for days on end, lots of eggs, streaky bacon etc). - foods I would not usually really eat) and have to say I have loved it but would really prefer to get my nos. back in the 4s. I am waiting on them posting out my nos./results (if they do) and she wants to repeat the blood draw in 3 months time. If /when I get the figures I will post and let you have a look for your opinion - many thanks for your interest - much appreciated.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Really? I have been having about 4/5 300ml tubs a week don't you think that is way too much

If you think it's enough for you and you are happy with your results, then, that is all that matters :)

Best wishes RRB

Reactions: Mrs T 123

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Really? I have been having about 4/5 300ml tubs a week don't you think that is way too much

I buy about 3*600ml tubs a week have it in coffee and tea and on fruit on the rare times I have it.
Keeps me away from eating all sorts of other rubbish.
Edit to add often have a swig straight from the pot if feeling peckish..

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I buy about 3*600ml tubs a week have it in coffee and tea and on fruit on the rare times I have it.
Keeps me away from eating all sorts of other rubbish.
Yes it certainly does fill you up - did you notice an increase in your cholesterol initially when you went higher fat or have you never had an increase? It's probably just me surprise surprise!

JenniferM55

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure spoke to my DN but she said the combined was 2.7 and she wasn't too concerned as apparently they like it to be under 4 - I am not too concerned either as I have really upped the fats in the last six months (admittedly far too much cream, f/f greek yoghurt for days on end, lots of eggs, streaky bacon etc). - foods I would not usually really eat) and have to say I have loved it but would really prefer to get my nos. back in the 4s. I am waiting on them posting out my nos./results (if they do) and she wants to repeat the blood draw in 3 months time. If /when I get the figures I will post and let you have a look for your opinion - many thanks for your interest - much appreciated.

Mrs T have you read this article? https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/cholesterol-basics

Hotpepper20000

Perhaps cholesterol is not something that needs to be worried about.
After spending the last couple of years reading about it. I remain unconvinced that higher cholesterol is something to be concerned about.

Reactions: Gannet and AloeSvea

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes it certainly does fill you up - did you notice an increase in your cholesterol initially when you went higher fat or have you never had an increase? It's probably just me surprise surprise!
My DN expected to see a rise in cholesterol levels when I said I was following LCHF. She was disappointed when she saw the levels had gone down :)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Cholesterol numbers in my signature.. yes they have gone up but am I worried about them? no way..
I'm quite happy to take on my doctors when they mention stains as it seems I now know more than they do about T2 and cholesterol.

Reactions: AloeSvea

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think your heart may disagree with you on that?

I am with you on this. A high cholestrol is not good for you.

As with all things in life, take everything in moderation, carbs, fats , calories, fibre etc and remember we are all different.