MiaoMiao

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is there anything preventing me buying a Miao and using it with a NHS funded libre ?

Thanks

Just do your research first on whether your phone will read the MM, and which app you want to use.

and then yes, enjoy. :)

Reactions: zed

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Is there anything preventing me buying a Miao and using it with a NHS funded libre ?

Thanks

No prevention whatsoever...
But do expect something like "your the first I've seen with one of those.." From your nurse or endo.
Good job the didn't see my flying car parked on the roof. Would have realy blown their minds..

In seriousness. You will love even more discression. No more "contortion acts" looking for the right place to scan.

zed

No prevention whatsoever...
But do expect something like "your the first I've seen with one of those.." From your nurse or endo.
Good job the didn't see my flying car parked on the roof. Would have realy blown their minds..

In seriousness. You will love even more discression. No more "contortion acts" looking for the right place to scan.

Great thanks I was just concerned with the fact they made me sign some sort of agreement at the appointment they have when they set everything up for you.

So was wondering if it’s against the rules or something because I doubt we will be getting the libre 2 anytime soon.

Thanks for your input

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Great thanks I was just concerned with the fact they made me sign some sort of agreement at the appointment they have when they set everything up for you.

So was wondering if it’s against the rules or something because I doubt we will be getting the libre 2 anytime soon.

Thanks for your input

I self fund my set up. But the HCPs do have cheeky access to my Librelink account? If they require you to scan. You can still do this using the Libre app, without removing the MM. ;)

Peter03

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The NHS may not stop you using the miao miao with the libre but I have heard Abbott will do all it can i.e. change the way the libre works to stop miao miao, xdrip etc to work, so beware or that, I personally think the miao miao makes the libre 100 times better

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
The Consultant I see thinks the MiaoMiao’s great.
If you get it be sure to come back and ask everyone which apps or linked devices they like. There’s a dedicated Facebook thread for MiaoMiao users too.

Reactions: Antje77 and zed

Gary Thom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does anyone want a reasonably new MiaoMiao 2? I've recently switched to using the Libre2 bluetooth bridge (may have some terminology wrong there) direct to xDrip so my MM2 is now surplus to requirements. Send me a PM.