Feeling unwell

MarkHaZ123

For about 7 months now I have been feeling unwell. It is literally getting worse all the time but it's like it will never end.

I started getting really chesty when out on the bike and struggling with breath at times. I then started to bring up blood in my spit but nothing much.
Over March and April it seems to calm down a little but from May it has just gradually got worse.

In May I began to feel like my face was on fire and I was under water all the time with my ears popping. This is when I contacted the doctors to speak to someone. I told them how I felt etc and we began a course of meds. This week's meds failed so we tried another. That failed so we tried a nose spray, this has failed so it's got to a point where it's like it will never go but I still wasn't been referred to ENT.

I then had bloods and demanded more so I finally got referred. My letter came in the post to do the self appointment for the hospital. I was shocked to see there are no appointments till May next year.

Am I supposed to live every day getting to a point of been tired by 2pm and getting worse all afternoon, feeling like I'm underwater struggling to speak to anyone because of the popping when I talk. My throat really hurts and my mood is really dipping right down to the point im more argumentative with my partner snapping all the time

I have to ring the docs for a general appointment again to see if I'm any better and the doc possibly pushing for my appointment to be sooner.

I'm scared it's something serious, I don't know what doesn't show up in bloods which have shown I have no infection but I'm sure there are lots of things that don't show up.
Could it be cancer, could it be just sinusitis or could it be something totally different.
I'm scared that having to wait another 7 months before seeing someone else I could be well past the point of treatment for something which could help.

Has anyone else had anything similar? Just feeling abit miffed at the moment for obvious reasons.

Current symptoms are constant headaches, facial features on fire around sinuses, sore through, hoarse voice, Weezing chest especially at work or on the bike, constant tiredness and lack of wanting to do anything

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For about 7 months now I have been feeling unwell. It is literally getting worse all the time but it's like it will never end.

I started getting really chesty when out on the bike and struggling with breath at times. I then started to bring up blood in my spit but nothing much.
Over March and April it seems to calm down a little but from May it has just gradually got worse.

In May I began to feel like my face was on fire and I was under water all the time with my ears popping. This is when I contacted the doctors to speak to someone. I told them how I felt etc and we began a course of meds. This week's meds failed so we tried another. That failed so we tried a nose spray, this has failed so it's got to a point where it's like it will never go but I still wasn't been referred to ENT.

I then had bloods and demanded more so I finally got referred. My letter came in the post to do the self appointment for the hospital. I was shocked to see there are no appointments till May next year.

Am I supposed to live every day getting to a point of been tired by 2pm and getting worse all afternoon, feeling like I'm underwater struggling to speak to anyone because of the popping when I talk. My throat really hurts and my mood is really dipping right down to the point im more argumentative with my partner snapping all the time

I have to ring the docs for a general appointment again to see if I'm any better and the doc possibly pushing for my appointment to be sooner.

I'm scared it's something serious, I don't know what doesn't show up in bloods which have shown I have no infection but I'm sure there are lots of things that don't show up.
Could it be cancer, could it be just sinusitis or could it be something totally different.
I'm scared that having to wait another 7 months before seeing someone else I could be well past the point of treatment for something which could help.

Has anyone else had anything similar? Just feeling abit miffed at the moment for obvious reasons.

Current symptoms are constant headaches, facial features on fire around sinuses, sore through, hoarse voice, Weezing chest especially at work or on the bike, constant tiredness and lack of wanting to do anything

Hi Mark - That all sounds horrid.

Have you at any time been tested for COVID, or for antibodies, showing an historic infection?

Did anything at all show up on your bloods?

Reactions: zand

MarkHaZ123

Hi Mark - That all sounds horrid.

Have you at any time been tested for COVID, or for antibodies, showing an historic infection?

Did anything at all show up on your bloods?
I was tested for covid about 3 weeks ago when a team mate told us all he had it. Thankfully we were all clear

I'd wondered if covid might have been a reason as alot of people seem to struggle with breathing after theyve had it
This might be worthwhile asking when I next speak to the doc

Had a blood test which tested over 30 things. The only thing is came back with was slightly anemic
Hba1c has come down from 70 to 59 in the last year