Regular moderate exercise log

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Back home to start trying new weekly routines. We only have one pc between 2 of us so are having a planning meeting tomorrow to see whose online classes can be fitted in as several of them are changing times or adding more options
Today hubby did a class 9 -9:45 I did 10:30 to 11:30 then we both danced 2 -3. So apart from taking a parcel to the post office I was indoors all day. I must remember to plan some outdoor time too.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Back to being strict with myself re exercise. Posting in here makes me accountable too, which helps I think.
Today I’ve been busy but not active ( measly 5k step count!!!) so designed my own 20 min Hiit workout this evening using hand weights.
Yesterday had my regular personal training session 5 rounds of 30 seconds of the following - Sumo dead lifts ( 12kg), shoulder taps, lunges, glute bridges with 5kg weight on my hips.
Went to dog agility in the afternoon - it’s like learning ballroom dancing - so much unnatural coordination on my part needed. Dennis was great - I was rubbish. Good fun though.

Reactions: zauberflote

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@Goonergal London has ribbons! MrZF and I used to cross a really long bridge, which when the river (James not Thames) was calm, we'd see that effect of the light, and dubbed it "ribbons".
@MrsA2 can you use a mobile device? I have Zoom'd with my phone occasionally. I wish I could be better about walking on my off days!
@DJC3 your exercise sounds varied and fun! Dog agility must be as active as riding!
Nothing today, had to work right at barre time.

Reactions: DJC3 and Goonergal

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@zauberflote Yes I have both phone and tablet. It more the logistics of eyesight, size and positioning which class works best on what. Some classes I need to be able to see instructors every move, others just sound really. Just negotiations with hubby to deprive him of pc when I need it.

Yoga this morning, thats it for today

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another wander around Greenwich Park this morning. It was so misty that finding my bearings on Blackheath was very tricky and then I wandered in circles in the park as I couldn’t see the usual landmarks. 6.5 miles and some atmospheric pics.

Attachments

• D4E94655-DED6-48CE-BBA2-AC5142469900.jpeg
    D4E94655-DED6-48CE-BBA2-AC5142469900.jpeg
    57.1 KB · Views: 246
  • 37E26872-7E81-42EE-B888-579EDF472870.jpeg
    37E26872-7E81-42EE-B888-579EDF472870.jpeg
    156 KB · Views: 242
  • 7FD8CBA3-62DB-4361-A164-4EF6691DC7AA.jpeg
    7FD8CBA3-62DB-4361-A164-4EF6691DC7AA.jpeg
    71.1 KB · Views: 256

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@MrsA2 you should have seen me doing barre with my phone before we got the iPad! Many things I had to see every little detail of, and it was the shakedown cruise of logistics anyway. I'd prop my phone against a 2-lb had weight, and move it around every time I moved. The iPad has a nice case which doubles as an easel, but I still move it every time we switch positions.
Barre class at which all accommodations were instantly discoverable, was happy after!

Reactions: Goonergal

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Glorious sunny day today and a decent walk. Just over 15 miles passing through 4 boroughs, along 2 rivers and 1 canal and riding the cable car across the Thames. Very enjoyable.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Very slow saunter/photo shoot yesterday morning which clocked up just shy of 6 miles.

This morning was. 6.5 miler at a more decent pace, with a stunning sunrise over Greenwich.

Need to walk at least 7 miles a day for each remaining day of November to hit my 215 mile monthly target. It would help if I remembered to take my phone/pedometer when popping in and out to the shops to up the count a bit.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Barre class that was stupendous fun. May have been that I took today off and celebrated that with too much wrong chocolate.

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve managed a couple of home Hiit sessions this week in spite of boot camp having to be cancelled due to the new lockdown. He is still able to take 1-2-1 sessions outside in the cricket field though so I’ve signed up for those in November. First one is at 11 am this morning and I’m heartily regretting the decision.
@zauberflote dog agility is a lot more active than I expected. It’s the coordination aspect of it that throws me every time.
Fab photos again @Goonergal

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Rest day today - various body parts protesting so stuck to a 2.3 mile saunter at the end of the working day. Just enough to put a bit of distance between work and the evening. Plotting something longer for early tomorrow morning.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Barre class, at which no muscle acted like it was supposed to

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
An outdoor personal training session yesterday on the cricket field so we could SD.
5 rounds of 4 exercises: squats, dumbbell dead lifts (7.5 kg each side), slam ball, and hop overs ( hoping sideways over the dumbbells)
I was watched intently by a small scruffy dog who decided I was a lot more interesting than fetching a ball his owner was throwing. Then a couple of toddlers on their way to the park with their mum stopped and stared at me in that unnerving way little children have. Hard not to laugh.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7 mile walk before work today. Amazing sunrise and a really enjoyable walk. Disappointed to have to stop to get home to shower/work.

Attachments

• 07EF22B2-D6F1-48F1-B4E1-1EAA4CC5E947.jpeg
    07EF22B2-D6F1-48F1-B4E1-1EAA4CC5E947.jpeg
    64.1 KB · Views: 229
  • B23485EE-EE34-4037-A88D-47EF276C02B4.jpeg
    B23485EE-EE34-4037-A88D-47EF276C02B4.jpeg
    82.2 KB · Views: 222
  • 37981879-6E71-4FE5-8426-227D8A1998E0.jpeg
    37981879-6E71-4FE5-8426-227D8A1998E0.jpeg
    96.6 KB · Views: 227
  • 10DB3D4E-512B-49C6-8F07-E5C53927A332.jpeg
    10DB3D4E-512B-49C6-8F07-E5C53927A332.jpeg
    103.1 KB · Views: 221

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
An outdoor personal training session yesterday on the cricket field so we could SD.
5 rounds of 4 exercises: squats, dumbbell dead lifts (7.5 kg each side), slam ball, and hop overs ( hoping sideways over the dumbbells)
I was watched intently by a small scruffy dog who decided I was a lot more interesting than fetching a ball his owner was throwing. Then a couple of toddlers on their way to the park with their mum stopped and stared at me in that unnerving way little children have. Hard not to laugh.
Impressed you had the breath left to laugh with!

Reactions: DJC3

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Today would have been walks behind the baby stroller but it rained. Also, the baby is now self powered both on the floor and in his bumper car wheeled runner so needs very little entertainment. So he wins but I lose! I think I'll buy a rain cover for the stroller and just make him come with me lol

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@Goonergal stunning sunrise indeed! What a gift to be able to get up that early (or is your sunrise at a "not crack of dawn" time these days). There is an oxymoron for us....

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal How long does it take you to do 7 miles? (If you don't mind me asking?)

Depends how many times I stop for photos! On average I allow for about 3 miles per hour if taking a few shots here and there; 3.5 miles an hour if focused on the walking and a bit under 3 per hour if taking more pics/ambling/going a very long way.