Regular moderate exercise log

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
@Chrissiemac congrats on getting the knee done and the weight loss! I have 2 bionic hips, cardiomyopathy, and asthma. I wasNEVER going to run any marathons
@Mbaker happy birthday and congrats on new PB!! I am impressed. Wait-- Bjornsson lifts HALF A TON!!??!!?? Where has my math gone wrong?
@MrsA2 that's funny about the phone call!
Tuesday barre class for which I'd lost my concentration early. Turned off overhead light in my room, Zoom audio cut out. Followed along with no audio for 6-7 min, then heard audio on bluetooth speaker in next room. Fetched it, battery nearly dead so cut it off. Still no audio, and video went black too. Arrgghh. Had to leave the meeting and rejoin. By that time I'd missed half of the best exercise she's come up with yet-- combo of high plank>knee to elbow&back> side plank> knee to elbow.... leaving you, if you're doing the hardest version, planking on bottom arm and bottom leg, with top two in motion. I managed that variation once but imagine several of my classmates sailing through the whole set. Yikes!! Something new to work on! Wheeee!
Thanks. Yes 2 humans have lifted half a ton. Our own (if your British) Eddie "The Beast" Hall did the 500 kg in 2016:

Hafthor did the 501 kg during the first part of COVID 19 lockdown:

Both are superhuman feats. You need to be around 200 kg's in weight to pull this type of lift and completely dedicated to achieving this at peak non-sustainable performance and eat around 10,000 calories a day. You health markers are in the dumpster and even breathing is difficult. No matter how nutty I was as a younger man, I would not (if talented enough) go near this, I would have settled for around 300 if I had been training for around 15 years. I am happy to settle for a fasted max lift with an ability to eat normal amounts food.

Reactions: zauberflote

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Went to my PT session this morning: 5 rounds of 4 different strength and resistance exercises to try to work on my ( very feeble) core strength. This included 20 secs in each round of 15kg deadlift LOL I should maybe have waited a bit to post this so my post wouldn’t immediately follow that if @Mbaker - I’m glad you’re not trying to emulate those guys.
Went to dog agility classes this afternoon. Basically Dennis ran around not doing quite what he was supposed to, and I ran around trying to show him. At least we both had fun and a bit of exercise.
@zauberflote I had to laugh at you falling asleep on stage. Good thing you didn’t fall off your chair, what about dribbling though? If ever I nodded off on a train I often found I’d dribbled onto my shoulder where my head had slumped - very embarrassing!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I once fell asleep on the loo. Long story involving being a student, a late night and too much gin.

But anyway, on the exercise front, with early starts for work and dark mornings I seem to be in an ‘extreme walks at weekends supplemented by sedentaryness during the week’ rut. Slightly eased on days when I go to the office, but that last happened over a week ago. Working on a solution.

@zauberflote just reading about your planks and contortions is exhausting and @DJC3 I’m in awe of the PT. As for @Mbaker well, a different league!

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Away again looking after a couple of dogs. Turns out to be a very hilly area so of the 17600 steps walked today I think at least a third were vertically up!

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@DJC3 thank goodness I wasn't fast enough asleep nor relaxed enough to drool that would have been mortifying! Dog agility sounds like fun for both of you teehee.
@Goonergal I feel like I've done that too but no gin, so only a nod-off... Don't you walk around the building at work sometimes? Don't want you to get some kind of Weekend Warrior injury!
@MrsA2 sounds like a very nice way to spend the day!

Reactions: DJC3

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't you walk around the building at work sometimes? Don't want you to get some kind of Weekend Warrior injury!

Yes, I do, but it’s not exercise. Just getting to and from involves 7 or 8 thousand steps (using public transport), but it’s fits and starts. Better than nothing, but I don’t count that as exercise. At the start of lockdown and into the summer I was leaving home at 5am and getting a decent 7 mile or so walk in every morning. Miss that - starting out in darkness was one thing, but 2 hours in the dark wouldn’t be quite the same. Need to find a way to splice some time into a very crowded working day.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Thursday a barre class which was 85% completely new material! I was floundering the whole class looking for adaptations for what always turned out to be the thing we were just doing but not any more. She was making extensive use of a straight chair as an aid, but most of my problems involved not putting my weight onto my wrists. We texted after, and she said she had one client in that class with a spinal fusion, and another recovering from shoulder surgery. Then there's me, and the person whose shoulders are blown permanently, and then the ones who can actually do everything move-for-move.
Today a little over 2 miles behind the baby stroller, and there will be a barre class.

Reactions: DJC3

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
a 10,300 step dog walk again today, starting with a straight down which meant ending with a straight up! Its nice staying on top of a hill for the views but the only way back is up

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Decent walk today - got most of it in before the rain. Last couple of miles was ambling around an outlet centre/getting to and from public transport. 9.5 miles total and some fabulous colours in Greenwich Park.

Attachments

• EDBC3A03-68BF-4AA8-9F8A-A5EFE9D8E502.jpeg
    EDBC3A03-68BF-4AA8-9F8A-A5EFE9D8E502.jpeg
    160.1 KB · Views: 248
  • DD0BF179-95DD-476D-A014-4F8849C23547.jpeg
    DD0BF179-95DD-476D-A014-4F8849C23547.jpeg
    91.2 KB · Views: 250
  • FCD0145B-0CF3-4D4E-8AD1-2F1A338E6AAC.jpeg
    FCD0145B-0CF3-4D4E-8AD1-2F1A338E6AAC.jpeg
    202.6 KB · Views: 243

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nice pics @Goonergal . You were lucky to get out before the storm. We are farther west and it was already upon us when we woke, so spent the morning playing "hide the ball" with the dog. Exercise for her but not for us.
Finally got out in the late afternoon but it was cold and dark so quick dash round the local fields.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
‘Hide the ball’ sounds fun @MrsA2

Managed another pre-rain walk today. Given the limited time-slot, took transport at either end. Still managed just over 10 miles.

Am going to need to repeat as I signed up to a November challenge to walk 215 miles (length of the Thames) during the month. That was prior to Boris’s little announcement, when I was planning a couple of weekends away to up the step count.

Some impressive bird life on today’s walk, the bulk of which was on the Regent’s Canal.

Attachments

• 42A8FF36-C594-44C2-ACB3-B7B77A9DC15C.jpeg
    42A8FF36-C594-44C2-ACB3-B7B77A9DC15C.jpeg
    172.9 KB · Views: 227
  • A54618C2-D9BF-4E69-ACE5-39FD351C59F0.jpeg
    A54618C2-D9BF-4E69-ACE5-39FD351C59F0.jpeg
    98.3 KB · Views: 249
  • 2DDF91DA-2346-4333-97A3-D5FD3C218022.jpeg
    2DDF91DA-2346-4333-97A3-D5FD3C218022.jpeg
    81.2 KB · Views: 244
  • A59E4F8D-F6B5-4734-B969-98E802185267.jpeg
    A59E4F8D-F6B5-4734-B969-98E802185267.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 236

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
New ‘Hide the ball’ sounds fun @MrsA2
It is the first 50 times, not so the next 500!

Luckily we got out for a walk mid morning today so she didn't need as much entertaining. Just 10,000 steps but it felt more. We are conscious of the steep uphill at the end, it must be equivalent to at least 7 storey building if not more.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Oh my @Goonergal how red that is! Is it a type of maple? I will see your heron and raise you an American one!

IMG_1604287831.798844.jpg
no fancy camera there.....MrZF's walk while I musicked.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Barre class. They just continue to have stuff in them I Can Not Do for love nor money. A little frustrating and sad-making.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mighty quiet around here..... barre class this evening

Reactions: Goonergal

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mighty quiet around here..... barre class this evening
My cousin in Milwaukee says its spookily quiet there too. Everyone just waiting and keeping their heads down.

Lovely sunny but cold day today. Took dogs we are looking after for a last walk along the canal. 10700 enjoyable steps

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Lol @MrsA2 I meant on this thread! I don't live downtown so don't know if it's quiet. Probably in keeping-head-down mode. Glad you had an enjoyable walk!
Walks with stroller 2+1 times around the "block", total something over 3 miles. GORGEOUS day for it. Pleasantly mild, low humidity so the sky was piercingly blue.

Reactions: Goonergal

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
An 8 mile stroll for me yesterday, clearing my head. Lovely sunny day for it too. Thames was still and gorgeous.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm getting most of my walking done to, from, and at work again and it looks to remain that way for the foreseeable future since I'm one of the people at work during this lockdown - unless, of course, we have cause to be sent home to isolate! The aches of getting back into that have all worn off and I definitely feel much more myself for fitness again.

The Weekend Lockdown 2.0 plan is looking like getting out early for the weekly shop on Saturdays and walking both ways rather than just to the shops (a good 5000 steps) and possibly an evening walk.

The difference this time round is that I won't, however, be at church for the next four Sundays as there are no services (the "individual" prayer option in church with those likely to come in to chat under the guise of coming to pray does not appeal) so I may well be able to get some early Sunday walks in before coming home to hibernate.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Japes I miss the daily walking involved with getting to and from an office. Just negotiated a bit of space in my working day to try and fit more steps in before and after settling down to my home desk and had a decent wander around Greenwich tonight - just over 5 miles. I was supposed to be in your neck of the woods this weekend, but that has been nixed by Boris.

Stunning skies tonight.

Attachments

• CE4D7ADD-FD26-483F-A0B2-20D458209FEB.jpeg
    CE4D7ADD-FD26-483F-A0B2-20D458209FEB.jpeg
    91.7 KB · Views: 237
  • 0B7D6466-1972-4FBF-9F48-58914236543E.jpeg
    0B7D6466-1972-4FBF-9F48-58914236543E.jpeg
    72.3 KB · Views: 237