Sugars up and down.

KathyGardiner

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So I’m slightly confused right now. I woke up this morning with high sugars. Did my corrections and then they rose again. They finally got down to being good. After dinner sugars were still fine. I fell asleep for a hour and a half and my sugars went from 6.3 to 17.6. I did not eat anything or drink anything as I fell asleep. Did my corrections to help it and my sugars rose again to 21.4. Why do they keep rising?
IMG_4070.jpg

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @KathyGardiner, any chance you could have a bug? If your BG hadn't gone down at all I'd say you should try a new vial of insulin but as it came down I don't think that's the problem

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It would be worth doing a basal check if high bg's continue. Could the rise after dinner be due to slow release carbs in something like pasta with a sauce, or pizza etc? I'd change the vial of long acting insulin as well.

Reactions: oldgreymare

Lynnzhealth

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So I’m slightly confused right now. I woke up this morning with high sugars. Did my corrections and then they rose again. They finally got down to being good. After dinner sugars were still fine. I fell asleep for a hour and a half and my sugars went from 6.3 to 17.6. I did not eat anything or drink anything as I fell asleep. Did my corrections to help it and my sugars rose again to 21.4. Why do they keep rising? View attachment 46582

Oh my goodness! I appear to be in the same boat as you. My BG is bouncing all over the place right now. Through the night when I got up to go potty at 3:45, I checked just for fun. My BG was 8.3 mmol/l. When I got up it was 4.7 mmol/l, at 7:15. I dosed 5u of Tresiba and 3u Humalog (as per Diabetic Ed). My BG went to 10.0 and slowly rising. I had a breakfast of low carb toast (I bake it myself), pb/low carb jam (which I make) veggie omelette, coffee. I have been checking to see what is going on. It's been 11.9, 11.7, 12.2, 12.4 (then I did a correction), then 9.8 and going down, and all of a sudden it's back at 11.1. I use the FreeStyle Libre, so I decided to do a finger prick. That showed 13.0. I have been trying to keep my sugar in a good range-4.9 to 9 and I feel much better when it's lower. When it bounces around I get shaky. This is so confusing. I have no idea why it does this. I am on a very low carb eating style and get along great with that, except when this happens for no apparent reason. I shovelled snow on Sunday for about 1.5 hrs and my BG went up to 14.4. Took forever to get it back down. Just checked and it's going down some, 10.1. Good grief.

Ley666

So I’m slightly confused right now. I woke up this morning with high sugars. Did my corrections and then they rose again. They finally got down to being good. After dinner sugars were still fine. I fell asleep for a hour and a half and my sugars went from 6.3 to 17.6. I did not eat anything or drink anything as I fell asleep. Did my corrections to help it and my sugars rose again to 21.4. Why do they keep rising? View attachment 46582
Period hormones?mine fluctuate like this when it's time of the month, a week before it and during x