Just a moan

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How do you all cope with uncaring people?

I suffer from OCD and anxiety as well as being Type 1, the current situation has me petrified and I haven't left the house since March and my OCD is really bad, worse than it ever has been (I wash my hands constantly)

Anyway my mum has still been allowing my grandad in for tea, I go crazy cleaning everything he's touched the 4 days a week he's here, at the weekend I ran out of Dove soap and the only stuff I had in was Asda "sensitive", it isn't as gentle as it would lead you to believe and I've had a bad reaction to it, hands and wrists bright ted, swollen and burning, they are better now I've got Dove again but they are peeling badly this morning, I told my mum I can't clean so I'd have to tell my grandad sorry but you'll have to get your own tea tonight which then caused her to pick yet another fight with me and saying she's entitled to have him round for tea, it wouldn't be so bad but he's never followed guidelines throughout and he makes me feel so uncomfortable, this isn't the only issue I have with living at home, I pay to stay here but have to store food etc in my room as I'm told it's not my house so I'm not entitled to cupboard space in the kitchen!

Me and my partner have started the process to get a flat together but that could take forever and I'm not sure I can take living like this any longer :( she won't listen to my concerns and accuses me of being selfish when I'm just trying to protect myself as much as possible, I'm really struggling and have absolutely nobody to talk to

Sorry I know there's nothing anyone can do but I just needed to get it out
xx

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning

First off well done for getting it off your chest. Mental illness is not easily understood and so people carry on regardless.

Can I suggest you look at the following website

https://www.ocduk.org/

They have a helpline number ad a support group for people with similar conditions to you.

You dont have to do this alone.

As for the soap business if you run out again try Carex - I found it works for my sensitive skin and its also anti bac

I'm usually around if you fancy a chat

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you for your response, I really do appreciate it

She has suffered depression herself so I thought she may be a bit more understanding than she is but I just get told I'm being stupid and it really upsets me, I wouldn't be the way I am through choice, its hell for me too

I'll take a look thanks but I don't like talking on the phone really lol

Unfortunately I had a reaction to Carex hand wash a few years ago so that one isn't an option either unfortunately, I did have some Dove at my partners but he couldn't bring it up until yesterday morning so had to use the Asda for just over 24 hours, never again!
xx

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for your response, I really do appreciate it

She has suffered depression herself so I thought she may be a bit more understanding than she is but I just get told I'm being stupid and it really upsets me, I wouldn't be the way I am through choice, its hell for me too

I'll take a look thanks but I don't like talking on the phone really lol

Unfortunately I had a reaction to Carex hand wash a few years ago so that one isn't an option either unfortunately, I did have some Dove at my partners but he couldn't bring it up until yesterday morning so had to use the Asda for just over 24 hours, never again!
xx

think support group part is online :)

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
just thought I'd check in to see how you're doing
Thanks, really appreciate the thought!

Not so great unfortunately, my control isn't good with what's going on and my BG rises everyday as soon as my grandad walks in the door, tried telling my mum today to which she replied what a heap of **** and there's nae need to get wound up when he comes in anyway

I've emailed my DSN to see if there's anything to help with an application of a new place to live given my current living situation is effecting me so negatively, feel like I'm heading towards an early grave :(

Thank you for checking in on me though
xx

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK I have a coupe of questions that are personal so can I DM you as I assume you wouldnt like to discuss finer points for everyone to see

I have a group link that might be able to give you some info on how to get a private home although looking at your brief profile box I'm not sure what the housing lists are like in your area

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
OK I have a coupe of questions that are personal so can I DM you as I assume you wouldnt like to discuss finer points for everyone to see

I have a group link that might be able to give you some info on how to get a private home although looking at your brief profile box I'm not sure what the housing lists are like in your area
Yeah feel free to DM me

Unfortunately we can't afford to go private or we would have
xx