Anyone getting Libre 2 yet?

HomerSimpson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Is anyone able to get the Libre 2 now on NHS prescription? I live in the Midlands.

Nometype1andproud

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I live in Lincolnshire and I called my DSN at the hospital who said they are currently in the process of switching my prescription over to the 2

Reactions: lizdeluz

HomerSimpson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I live in Lincolnshire and I called my DSN at the hospital who said they are currently in the process of switching my prescription over to the 2

Did you call them to ask to be switched or were they automatically switching everyone on to the Libre 2?

Zinadane

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have just started libre trial (one) Worcestershire.
What are the improvements on libre 2?

Reactions: Rose22

Dan87

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The bit about it having an automatic alarm when you go out of range is what excites me the most, no more waking up to a high level, chance to intercept it at source.

Reactions: Rose22 and lmsk

bree1982

Hi guys,

long time reader first time poster...

I just got the call from my doctors yesterday that they had got the approval to switch me over to the Libre 2 sensor on my repeat prescription.

So it will be with me tomorrow hopefully, l still have 9 days on my current sensor but really wanting to just use it as soon as l get it lol

Brendan

lmsk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi guys,

I just got the call from my doctors yesterday that they had got the approval to switch me over to the Libre 2 sensor on my repeat prescription.

So it will be with me tomorrow hopefully, l still have 9 days on my current sensor but really wanting to just use it as soon as l get it lol

Brendan
Did you ask or was it done automatically? Wondering if I should call, live in Leeds and they are pretty good at diabetes xare locally so feeling quite hopeful

bree1982

Did you ask or was it done automatically? Wondering if I should call, live in Leeds and they are pretty good at diabetes xare locally so feeling quite hopeful

I had to ask, my diabetes nurse told me it would be automatic, but after digging a little this was more for self funded people...

I called and spoke to my GP and they then had to get approval to get it changed for me....

I would call as they are in no hurry to change anything atm...

Hope you get it sorted.

Brendan

HomerSimpson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had to ask, my diabetes nurse told me it would be automatic, but after digging a little this was more for self funded people...

I called and spoke to my GP and they then had to get approval to get it changed for me....

I would call as they are in no hurry to change anything atm...

Hope you get it sorted.

Brendan

Did your nurse give you the new reader or are you using your phone?

Reactions: lmsk

Rose22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have self funded libres every now and then and im wearing a libre 2 now. The alarm you can set is really useful! No hypos yet..but I’ve turned it on to sound if I go high, which for me (trying to improve control) has been really good! So far really impressed...it s a really loud siren alarm...so no missing it!
Sorry should say...I’ve not managed to get any libre on prescription yet, in south east...maybe one day?!

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I have self funded libres every now and then and im wearing a libre 2 now. The alarm you can set is really useful! No hypos yet..but I’ve turned it on to sound if I go high, which for me (trying to improve control) has been really good! So far really impressed...it s a really loud siren alarm...so no missing it!
Sorry should say...I’ve not managed to get any libre on prescription yet, in south east...maybe one day?!

Rose, Do you notice improved accuracy? I self-fund the Libre every now & then, like you. I don’t need the alarms, so am not sure how worth changing up it is.

Rose22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Rose, Do you notice improved accuracy? I self-fund the Libre every now & then, like you. I don’t need the alarms, so am not sure how worth changing up it is.
I would say it is as accurate as the libre 1. It is proving very useful for the alarms though. You have option to turn them off, have only for low, or high or none.
I thought the Abbott website said they where the same price? It cost me £48 which is what I’d been paying I thought...unless I’ve lost the plot, this lockdown is taking its toll so wouldn’t surprise me, apologies if I’ve got that price wrong! I have had my review with consultant & doesn’t look like I can get it on prescription still, as it’s difficult with covid at mo. Hmm but diabetes doesn’t stop, covid or not. Had worse hba1c ever and I’m trying see if libre will help me get better with dosing accuracy.
What I a, noticing with this libre 2 is that it’s harder to scan with my phone? Keep waving it around, sometimes it’s taken it but doesn’t sound, others not. Not sure if anyone else has this too?

Reactions: LucySW

SilasH

Is anyone able to get the Libre 2 now on NHS prescription? I live in the Midlands.
Hi. I live in Cheltenham Gloucestershire and I asked my GP as soon as I heard about the FreeStyle 2 and they switched me over straight away. I am having some issues regarding the ALARMS and my OPPO A5 phone.

SilasH

The major enhancement in the FreeStyle 2 is that it can PING your phone or reader up to 20 feet away to warn you when the LOW or HIGH blood glucose levels have been breached. This allows you to take a reading and correct before it is too late.
I am having some issues though with my OPPO A5 phone as the alarm does not sound till TOO LATE and the APP keeps telling me NOTIFICATIONS are switched off.

SilasH

Hi guys,

Brendan
It is a big improvement but I have some issues using it with my OPPO A 5 phone.

SilasH

The bit about it having an automatic alarm when you go out of range is what excites me the most, no more waking up to a high level, chance to intercept it at source.
That was what excited me too. This is Abbott's answer to the DEXCOM 6.
The alarms are great but I am having some issues using it with my OPPO A5 phone. I do not receive my alarms until TOO LATE.

SilasH

I would say it is as accurate as the libre 1. It is proving very useful for the alarms though. You have option to turn them off, have only for low, or high or none.
I thought the Abbott website said they where the same price? It cost me £48 which is what I’d been paying I thought...unless I’ve lost the plot, this lockdown is taking its toll so wouldn’t surprise me, apologies if I’ve got that price wrong! I have had my review with consultant & doesn’t look like I can get it on prescription still, as it’s difficult with covid at mo. Hmm but diabetes doesn’t stop, covid or not. Had worse hba1c ever and I’m trying see if libre will help me get better with dosing accuracy.
What I a, noticing with this libre 2 is that it’s harder to scan with my phone? Keep waving it around, sometimes it’s taken it but doesn’t sound, others not. Not sure if anyone else has this too?
I use my FreeStyle 2 with my OPPO A5 phone. It does sometime not scan or report SCAN ERROR. My main issue is that I do not receive the ALARMS until too late.

cbish8

I live in Nottingham and the only thing I've heard about the Libre 2 is they're coming in February. I love new tech so I am sad to see other parts of the country getting them already