Anyone experience muscle twitching?

Caprock94

I have had muscle twitching problems for years. Went to a neurologist several years before become diabetic, and everything checked out ok. I was likely prediabetic at the time. I'm just wondering if diabetes has anything to do with it. More than that, I am curious if anyone else has experienced this and what remedies you have found that help.

DisneyGuy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Negative people and negative outlooks.
Diabetes lol
I had facial twitches (cheek and eyelids) alot before diagnosis.
Since eating healthier and exercise I havent

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I had facial twitches (cheek and eyelids) alot before diagnosis.
Since eating healthier and exercise I havent
Actually I used to have eye twitching but not for a long time, I put it down to lack of sleep, but you never know

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
I have been getting that when I am tired, but my prescription for glasses must have changed since I have been losing weight as my close ups and distance glasses seem "fuzzy"

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
Actually I used to have eye twitching but not for a long time, I put it down to lack of sleep, but you never know
Yes. When my BG was very high before diagnosis 2 months ago, calf muscles had noticeable palpitations, not twitching to the extent of involuntary movements though.

I was informed possibly due to excess blood sugar by my GP and good BG control will help negate, which it has. Have not had any issues in over a month.