Type 1 After covid vaccine side effects

Nadia19

I got the vaccine today around 3 pm. However tonight as in 6 hours later. I suddenly feel very tired, I am freezing absolutely stone cold. I have a hot water bottle beside me to try heat me up. I also feel stuffy and blocked sinuses? Sugar level at 13 too? Has anyone else had these side effects as I’m rarely unwell and I would like reassurance. Thanks

JMK1954

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Several people have posted about having raised BG levels after the vaccine. I had the same experience, which lasted a few days. Fatigue is listed as one of the side-effects the vaccine may have. If you run a search for 'vaccine', you should find plenty of examples. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Reactions: Nadia19

ktkaren

I got the vaccine today around 3 pm. However tonight as in 6 hours later. I suddenly feel very tired, I am freezing absolutely stone cold. I have a hot water bottle beside me to try heat me up. I also feel stuffy and blocked sinuses? Sugar level at 13 too? Has anyone else had these side effects as I’m rarely unwell and I would like reassurance. Thanks
Hi I got mine last Wednesday but Doc had warned me in advance to expect an onset of tiredness and potential short fever. The nurse said your arm may be stiff/sore - its been fine. My sleep went all over the place - 20 hours sleep then awake 1/2 the night for instance. Def felt the cold a lot and my blood sugars were up in the 13s so been medicating to reduce those and its slowly helping & happening. I had COVID a year ago, it was very grim so this is totally bearable to not get it for now

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I was given a leaflet with my jab which explained “flu like symptoms”,
Ok, it didn’t explicitly mention raised blood sugars but for most people with diabetes, that is one of the symptoms of flu.
The advice I got was to take paracetamol (assuming you followed the advice make sure you had paracetamol(.

Nadia19

My sugars have been at 13 all day since, 14 now though. I have took paracetamol and managed to heat up a bit now but going cold then warm. My arm is a little sore but I expected that anyway it normally happens to me when I get a flu vaccine. Going to go to sleep hopefully it’s shifted by tmoro morning. Thanks for your responses really helps me.

Magic172

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
****** British Weather
I had mine on Saturday 13th and have had a range of symptoms fever ,aching joints ,sensitive skin,wide awake for two nights racing energy high blood sugars 13-20 even with insulin feeling **** hopefully it’s on the ebb now

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
Well it’s 4 days since I’ve had my first vaccinations only real side effect was I went to sleep at 6.30pm two days after my vaccination and slept for 10 hours and that never happens my blood sugar was a little elevated but absolutely nothing to worry about , no blood clots ( not that I ever expected one ) . Arm was a tiny bit sore but not anywhere near as bad as the injections I use to take when I first had diabetes back in the late 70’s my god I’ve seen Phil Taylor with smaller tips to his darts lol

Reactions: oldgreymare

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This article about side effects may be of interest. It is not about Type 1 but it does mention that side effects in general are less serious in older people and of course many Type 1's will be younger than others who have had the jab.
BBC News - Vaccine side effects: My experience of them and what they mean
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56375307

Reactions: oldgreymare