Anyone tried this diabetes cookbook?

SOTR

Not related really. I worked on the Novo Nordisk campus (actually for a sister company). The Danish diet is fantastic. For lunch a small piece of meat - eg. nice chicken or pork. Lots and lots of vegetables and maybe cous-cous or rice to accomapny it.
I took a real liking to Koldskal - buttermilk and yoghurt sweetened (sorry) with sugar.
The office had free fruit for everyone.

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Not related really. I worked on the Novo Nordisk campus (actually for a sister company). The Danish diet is fantastic. For lunch a small piece of meat - eg. nice chicken or pork. Lots and lots of vegetables and maybe cous-cous or rice to accomapny it.
I took a real liking to Koldskal - buttermilk and yoghurt sweetened (sorry) with sugar.
The office had free fruit for everyone.
I'm sure you're right about the Danish diet: Scandinavian food in general is excellent, but I'd be less keen on the free fruit, cous-cous and rice before I even got as far as the sweetened yoghurt!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm sure you're right about the Danish diet: Scandinavian food in general is excellent, but I'd be less keen on the free fruit, cous-cous and rice before I even got as far as the sweetened yoghurt!
Novo Nordisk have to keep the new customer flow going..

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Is that aimed at the cycling teams that NovoNordisk sponsor (type 1 and 2 employees entering bike races)?

It says Team Novo Nordisk Cookbook,
Recipes for athletes with diabetes and everyone else,
We race to change diabetes

Here is the English translation. Hope it helps :)

Healthy recipes for athletes with diabetes and everyone else.

Have you ever heard the saying that what people with diabetes should eat is what everyone else should eat?

The pro cyclists on Team Novo Nordisk ride at the highest level and have to deal with their diabetes at the same time. They know that the right fuel is absolutely critical to their performance, but sometimes the fact that healthy food should not be boring is neglected. We say that healthy food should always be delicious and burn your mind as well as your body.

With this cookbook, we combine the top athlete's quest for nutritional perfection with our top chef's uncompromising focus on good taste and simplicity.

The Team Novo Nordisk cookbook is for everyone who is looking for recipes that are healthy, delicious and easy to cook. The food in the book helps you put the right fuel in your body - whether you have a long day's work ahead of you or just got home from a long bike ride.

For every book sold, DKK 50 is donated to the World Diabetes Foundation project to reduce risk factors for diabetes in Solola's original community by targeting women who are decision makers for diet and lifestyle - read more about the project here: https: // www. worlddiabetesfoundation.org/what-we-do/fundraisers/current-fundraiser-guatemala.

BRAND: TEAM NOVO NORDIC MODEL: TNN_COOKBOOK_2021 ITEM NO: TEA38980

Reactions: In Response

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
https://www.teamnovonordisk.com/research/
There is a bit more here about the team and research into exercise and type 1 diabetics.
Cookbook is looks beautiful. Its a great PR/marketing idea and with cgm/pump there is no reason why their type 1s shouldn't perform well. Incidentally in non diabetics cycling is an endurance sport where high profile people like Chris Froome have benefitted from low carb. As a type 1 I am fairly sure I wouldn't need much of their product to get through a day on the Tour de France!
A diet for a sports person is incredibly precise given the demands of training and the need to minimise body fat at certain times relative to muscle power in race season. I do not think professional sports people are always healthy mentally and physically when being healthy for the long term clashes with the goal of peak performance.
Type 2s are the growth market for this company surely so they'd probably do better sponsoring Bake Off if they want to grow new 'end users'.