Intermediate fasting

Reemap

Hello All.

I had one query .. I checked my HBA1c recently and it was 6.6

Now I am planning to start intermediate fasting by quitting have breakfast. Will it help to lower HBA1c.. also one apple or one orange for breakfast will that help.

Reactions: oldgreymare

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fruit tends to be full of carbs so use your meter to see if you can tolerate that.
Although if you are doing IF shouldn't you be skipping breakfast altogether.

Bittern

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The orange and apple won't help they are full of Fructose. Intermittent fasting will certainly help. I fast from about 19:00Hrs to 13:00Hrs ever day and on occasions for 24Hrs. and it has lowered my Hba1C.

Reemap

I have been eating breakfast almost everyday for 35 years. So incase I stop now will it have any adverse effect of my health

Bittern

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You can still eat breakfast but choose low carbohydrate alternatives, bacon, eggs, mushrooms, sausage for instance. Also have a look at Diet Doctor and the Low carb Program on this site for further ideas. Good luck.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been eating breakfast almost everyday for 35 years. So incase I stop now will it have any adverse effect of my health
Helped me put T2 into remission and lose a lot of weight.. only benefits from my experience.