Returning!

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I used to be a semi-regular in this forum until a few years ago. I've recently encountered some mental health issues - mostly anxiety connected to my diabetes, and this led to me hitting that fabled diabetic burnout. I stopped taking insulin, I stopped monitoring - I couldn't face the day to day grind of monitoring everything, so carried on like that for a while. When I realised that I had a problem, I sought help and I'm just coming to the end of an 18-week block of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy - which has been amazing, but I now realise that in order to carry on being accountable, I need to be able to interact with others who understand what daily management is like. I was never as motivated, or as on top of things, as I was when I was active within this group. So here I am, back again :)

Reactions: JMoli and ziggy_w

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome back!

I think it can be very difficult to do this journey alone so being part of this forum helps me to stay motivated . Good luck and looking forward to seeing you post!

Maverickf14

I used to be a semi-regular in this forum until a few years ago. I've recently encountered some mental health issues - mostly anxiety connected to my diabetes, and this led to me hitting that fabled diabetic burnout. I stopped taking insulin, I stopped monitoring - I couldn't face the day to day grind of monitoring everything, so carried on like that for a while. When I realised that I had a problem, I sought help and I'm just coming to the end of an 18-week block of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy - which has been amazing, but I now realise that in order to carry on being accountable, I need to be able to interact with others who understand what daily management is like. I was never as motivated, or as on top of things, as I was when I was active within this group. So here I am, back again :)

Hello how are you doing now

Last edited by a moderator: